[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - 97s

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      hey,

vill plays 15/0/23h..

preflop + flop are both std. But I guess vs that stack an halfpot cbet was enough.

Can I call the turn?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1820128
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $10.63
      UTG: $30.22
      CO: $19.53
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $7.23

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 9 :club: 7 :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, SB calls $0.55, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.55) 2 :heart: 5 :heart: J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

Turn: ($3.55) 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Min-raise it vs their stacks.
      Postflop: No point to CB cause you are rarely going to make many hands to fold and nor you don't even have any backups.

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I'd cbet as a std play, we have like no sd value so we need to take it down. and with your (or lower) sizing we need just 40%FE and then we're freerolling our opponent. Few moments with equilab show that vs unknown we got them quite easily on this board texture.

About the turn play:

You have 4 outs (we shouldn't take the 8h so let's discount it) ... => We got 3 outs => ~6% getting it otr.

We risk 0,25 to win 3,8 ~ 6,6% .. so with some implied odds it should be +EV. (sometimes 9 or 7 otr will be enough) ... so ye I'd call :)

Cya!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      I'd cbet as a std play, we have like no sd value so we need to take it down. and with your (or lower) sizing we need just 40%FE and then we're freerolling our opponent. Few moments with equilab show that vs unknown we got them quite easily on this board texture.

About the turn play:

You have 4 outs (we shouldn't take the 8h so let's discount it) ... => We got 3 outs => ~6% getting it otr.

We risk 0,25 to win 3,8 ~ 6,6% .. so with some implied odds it should be +EV. (sometimes 9 or 7 otr will be enough) ... so ye I'd call :)

Cya!
      1) You rarely going to have much fold equity vs a loose opponent;
      2) We don't know what are clean outs for us, cause there is already overcard on board;
      3) He is rarely folding even K high here unless he plays just fit/fold which we don't know;
      4) So what if we have no SD value? What has it do with the showdown value where we value-town ourselves even vs just high cards.
      5) If you are going to go for 40% fold equity then that's already a mistake, only reason to CB here is I see doing it maximum 1/2 pot size.
      6) Huh? What has the board texture to do with fold equity? Assuming that loose opponent is even more likely to float vs us with all kind of hardcores and obvious never folds any made hands.
      7) Our equity is near to 0 here pointed out case (2).
      8) By checking we could also hit our pair and always reevaluate our play cause we don't know either if the guy is aggressive or not, could just Check it down.
      9) Guess I could name even more reasons...

Agree about turn cause it's break-even spot and we can treat the min-bet as Check.