[NL2-NL10] K 10o, ace on the river

• kaulaz
      Hi guys, i am sort of new new here (registered long time ago but haven't really played) so this post is to try out how this whole thing works and of course to get my hand evaluated :)

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $4.06
      MP: $4.27
      Hero (MP+1): $4.22
      LP: $4.20
      CO: $4.18
      BTN: $4.18
      SB: $4.02
      BB: $1.94
      UTG: $4.17

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.62, 2 players) K:club: 5:diamond: 3:diamond:
      MP bets $0.59, Hero raises to $1.77, MP raises to $3.99 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.17 and is all-in

Turn: ($8.50, 2 players) 2:spade:

River: ($8.50, 2 players) A:spade:

Hero shows K:diamond: T:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 36%, Flop 83%, Turn 84%)
      MP shows A:club: Q:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 64%, Flop 17%, Turn 16%)
      MP wins $8.08

Table had quite a few limpers (mainly all the guys after after me till the BB). UTG, UTG+1 and MP would describe as semi loose/aggressive. Preflop raised to get rid of the limpers and in case any of the guys before me calls i would be in position after the flop. After the flop went all in because was putting villain on TT, JJ, QQ, AJ or AQ, somehow though that with KK, AA or AK he would have raised more before flop.
  • 2 replies
    • cekpirus88
      hey I usually fold K To especially if you are in MP, in late position you can considering 3bet folding the hand. On the flop bet fold, or check raise fold. There are not so many hands, that will resaise you.
    • Gerv
      Hello Kaulaz :)

Welcome to the Hand evaluation forum ; unfortunately I was away for the weekend (motoGP Mugello) so you experienced some rare delay, my apologizes for that. I see you play with a bigstack which is a 100big blind stack, you just posted in the Midstack/Shortstack forum which is designated for hands below 45 big blinds.

Regarding your hand, we isolate limper preflop with the bottom of the range of what I advice to isolate.

We get min3bet and I would consider folding it here on the spot. The reason is that hitting toppair Ten for example is not so excited due the fact that there will be more overpairs present. At the same time this Ten is posing problems if we hit toppair Kings as the Ten kicker plays a major role

Since it is offsuit I mostly will fold preflop. As played we hit Toppair so we have to continue with our hand. Calling is the best play as it doesn't make us overplay our hand so we dont get called by better

We are going to miss the flop 60% of the time

- Gerv