This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 River on AK top double pair

• EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.37
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB (Hero):
      $1.93
      BB:
      $4.66
      UTG2:
      $2.23
      MP1:
      $0.66
      MP2:
      $2.25
      MP3:
      $2.91

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.4) A, 6, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, BU folds.

Turn: ($1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.63, MP2 calls $0.63.

River: ($2.26) 5 (2 players)
      Hero ???

Hi,
      on this hand, I get called two streets by Villain. I'm thinking to the 66s, a weaker Ax or the flush draw. Villain is a tight loose player without other reads.
      I was thinking ch/call for bluff induce or bet/push. A push would be slightly over playing my hand but the flush does not seem much likely for me.

What would be the optimal line for you?
  • 2 replies
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Bronze
      At this level, your hand plays itself, I guess.

It is really hard to put MP2 on a specific range, but it is not a 6-set.

It 's a little odd for him to just call a set with pocket 6's on flop. If I limped with a mid pocket and raised, the flop is not that good. I could be against a flush draw, another set or even a broadway straight draw. Hero cbet, and I need to know where I'm now. If hero has a top pair and good kicker, he would call a raise. So a raise is more common with 6-set. O.K. I decided to slow-play. The turn added another suit, and another broadway card. Should I just call? After the turn bet, Hero has less than a 1/2 pot ($0.91). There is no need to slow play any more.

As played, pushing all the remaining chips is the only move, unless you are sure that MP2 has a busted flush draw and would call only 5bb or so. Even so, I would push hoping he has AQx at least once in a while. If you have had been deeper in stacks, you could consider c/r or b/r, but not now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Preflop: I'd raise it bigger while so many limpers and us being OOP.
      Postflop: Just Bet/Bet/Bet and ship it, we can't be sure how many hands would even bluff the river with missed draws. :)

Best Regards.