QQ in the Button

• Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Hi ! I was playing the Fast Poker on Titan ( the one that you change the table every hand ), 0.02$ - 0.05$. My stack was 5.50$

I was in the Button with QhQs, everybody folds to me, I raised to 0.15$, everybody folds to the BB who re-raises to 0.50$ ( with a stack of 7$ ). I decided just to call here because I had the position advantage, just to see if an Ace or a King shows up on the flop. The pot is now 1$

FLOP Th Jh Qd

BU bets 0.80$ and I decide to see the turn, if a A or a K does show up, I can fold the hand ( depending what the BB would do on the turn, how much he would bet ), if not, I can lose only to AK and I have to go 'till the end ( or K9 or 89, but that was out of the question ).

TURN 4c ( blank )

BB bets 1.80$ into a 2.60$ pot and I decide to push all my stack thinking that if he has AK, I still have a chance to win the pot, but if he has any other hand ( JJ, TT, KK, AQ or even KQ ) I am a big favorite ! He instantly calls and he shows AK..

RIVER 2c

I lose the 11$ pot...

Please tell me what do you think about this hand ! Thanks !
  • 5 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      If Fast Poker is anything like Zoom Poker range-wise, I like your decisions. Nice hand. If Fast Poker isn't nitty though, I would have just gotten it in with QQ preflop. As it is, postflop he could have TT, JJ, KK, AA, AQ, or KQ, and he's never folding TT or JJ, probably not folding KK or AA either. You're well ahead of his range.

So: Nice hand, well played. (Note: Not a hand evaluator. Just giving my opinion, and seeing what the judge says.)
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Same as Zoom Poker in Stars ( I forgot to mention that it's a 6 players table because that's all they have. There's no full ring in Titan Fast Poker ). Tx for the answer !
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Played perfectly, just hit the unlikely part of his range.
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Imagine if this wasn't Fast Poker. You've been playing for a while with this player at the table and you have some info about him. Even if he was an extra tight player I don't think somebody can fold here. Do you think Ivey would fold? :)
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Definitley nothing wrong with seeing that hand through and losing, you've got to give it a go in those situations, sometimes you lose pots. If you never lose a showdown you're playing too tight. I think I would have retained on the flop though, and maybe took it down then, or I might have shoved it in preflop. Other than that no complaints