MP2: $5.40
      CO: $1.75
      BTN: $12.60
      SB: $4.35
      BB: $1.70
      Hero (UTG): $2.85
      UTG+1: $3.90

CO posts $0.05
      Pre-Flop: J:spade: K:heart: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 2:spade: J:club: 8:heart: (4 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30, 2 folds

Turn: ($1.10) 3:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1

River: ($3.10) Q:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG+1 raises to $2.50 and is All-In, Hero calls $0.45 and is All-In

Results: $6 Pot ($0.60 Rake)
      J:spade: K:heart: (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$2.85 NET)
      UTG+1 showed 2:club: 9:club: (a flush, Queen high) and WON $5.40 (+$2.55 NET)

maybe its not well played but anyway. need some comments.

player under UTG+1 Name played very strange , thats why i decided to call his all in. He bluffed few times before.
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      KJ is a way too weak hand to play from UTG. So I would recommend you reread the articles about preflop SSS play, because otherwise you'll lose money this way in long term. The other thing you should know is that you almost never limp with SSS, it's made to bet or fold, which means, if your hand isn't strong enough to raise you should fold it. ...there are some special cases when you can limp(PP in late position if there are enough limpers in front of you), but that's advance play and you should stick to basic SSS.

...now to your hand. As played I would bet pot(0.5$) on flop and push turn.

...and make a note on that fish who calls with 92s. ;)
    • gvisi
      gvisi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      KJ is a way too weak hand to play from UTG. So I would recommend you reread the articles about preflop SSS play, because otherwise you'll lose money this way in long term. The other thing you should know is that you almost never limp with SSS, it's made to bet or fold, which means, if your hand isn't strong enough to raise you should fold it. ...there are some special cases when you can limp(PP in late position if there are enough limpers in front of you), but that's advance play and you should stick to basic SSS.

...now to your hand. As played I would bet pot(0.5$) on flop and push turn.

thank you.

already did that!
    • SunWukung
      SunWukung
      Bronze
      anyway, if I'm not mistaken, you should leave table when you have 2.5$ at NL10. When playing with stack bigger than 25 BB you should tighten your play, not otherwise. Pls correct me if I'm wrong
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SunWukung
      anyway, if I'm not mistaken, you should leave table when you have 2.5$ at NL10. When playing with stack bigger than 25 BB you should tighten your play, not otherwise. Pls correct me if I'm wrong
      You are right, SSS player should leave the table when exceeding 25BBs and tighten up if you wait for blinds to reach you, but you should fold KJ even without tightening up.
      Bronze
      Few things to point out:

1) No limping
      2) No UTG limping
      3) No UTG limping with KJ

I suggest you play basic sss on NL10, and in such a case it'd be an auto fold KJ at any spot.

Also, the stack size is way from being ideal. You should pay attention to it and change tables if you exceed 25bb's. It's not that hard to find some tables on nl10, so do it.