[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 AKs

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+1: $5.31 (265.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $1 (50 bb)
      MP1: $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $2.59 (129.5 bb)
      MP3: $4.34 (217 bb)
      CO: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
      BTN: $1 (50 bb)
      SB: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      BB: $1.66 (83 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K A
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.02, MP1 raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 7 folds

I was prepared to shove here to a 4bet am I wrong?
      Prolly just because he anoyed me :P but thought it to be fine tho...
      And a bit unsure about my betsize?

MP1:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Why would you shove? :P Why are you raising 4x as a 3bet cause standard 3bet would be here 3x. :D What do you think he is going to ship here vs you?

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I doubt I'm ever gonna learn to play AK correctly, but against a 16% betting range isn't AKs very nice here?
      How else can you play it you have to show aggression but still its a weak hand if you don't hit, would you call here, I can't do that imo, he would raise flop and I would most likely have to fold.
      Am I not playing AKs aggressively, it's just so weird on the one hand everywhere it says raise against raisers, but on the other hand, if they reraise you have to fold, and sometimes you should shove. jeeze I hate this hand it's so confusing... :f_mad:

I try to play it aggresively but how can you play it aggresively if you can't shove it preflop, you are almost always up against a raise, and folding to a reraise with AK is oftent also a weak way to play :f_confused:

Really feels like I havn't moved one step closer to be playing AK vs raises.

And yeah the 4x 3bet was mostly because of the limper, but thought it to be a bit to high :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I doubt I'm ever gonna learn to play AK correctly, but against a 16% betting range isn't AKs very nice here?
      How else can you play it you have to show aggression but still its a weak hand if you don't hit, would you call here, I can't do that imo, he would raise flop and I would most likely have to fold.
      Am I not playing AKs aggressively, it's just so weird on the one hand everywhere it says raise against raisers, but on the other hand, if they reraise you have to fold, and sometimes you should shove. jeeze I hate this hand it's so confusing... :f_mad:

I try to play it aggresively but how can you play it aggresively if you can't shove it preflop, you are almost always up against a raise, and folding to a reraise with AK is oftent also a weak way to play :f_confused:

Really feels like I havn't moved one step closer to be playing AK vs raises.

And yeah the 4x 3bet was mostly because of the limper, but thought it to be a bit to high :P
      It's still fine to 3bet it for value vs those guys but the question comes afterwards if the guy is also going broke with the same loose range. Some those type of players may go broke with very strong range only and you wont come up with profit in long run by 3bet/broke vs them.