[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH QQ pre-flop

• Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Villain CO is very short and plays 37/27 in 360 hands.
      UTG is an unknown bronze star. That + the fact that he is limping UTG already point to the fact that he is a fish.

I know that I am OOP, but I still decided to just call the isolation raise from the short fish. Otherwise I would certainly push out the UTG fish & just stack the CO. QQ is pretty easy to play postflop here anyway, I can just fold if an A/K hit the flop. So I call & so does UTG.

The flop is bingo for me and I check in the hope that the CO commits himself on the flop. That way I can just call and trap UTG further. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

Now I have to bet out on the turn & I get raised by UTG. No sense in slow playing anymore, as I doubt he would ever raise there as a bluff.

I was mostly wondering how you would rate my pre-flop & flop actions here.

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $5.85
      BTN: $23.85
      Hero (SB): $32.15
      BB: $30.58
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $36.67

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, CO raises to $1.10, fold, Hero calls $1.00, fold, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($3.55, 3 players) 6:spade: T:spade: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($3.55, 3 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $2.25, UTG raises to $6.19, fold, Hero raises to $31.05 and is all-in, UTG calls $17.71 and is all-in
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Schelles,

Preflop: As long CO doesn't have much left anyways and if you want the fishy in the pot, it's fine. But you must understand that if the UTG is kinda reggish he will only have PPs in his range which go only for set-mining, you are giving him good odds to Call. ;)

As played
      Flop: Bet the flop out and protect our hand! There are too many draws around, if they have a hand they are willing to pay, if they don't they wont pay you much anyways.

As played
      Turn: Pretty standard.

Best Regards.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      I know pre-flop, but he seemed more like a fish, so I think his limping raising is wider than just PP's. I'm obv giving him the odds, but that's ok, I'm not committing much money with just an overpair if he shows agression.

Good point on the flop. I frequently donk with hands like sets, top pairs and overpairs when I flatcalled pre in a single raised pot. Didn't think to do it here, but it would have been a good line.

Thx again!

Regards,
      chipl33t