[NL2-NL10] set of fives

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Im under a sever downswing that's influence very badly my mindset. Basically, is from the begin of the year that I see myself fight against the "malasorte" with sets over sets, flush busted by better flush, full-house over full-house and royal-flush and so on!

Because that, I feel that Im not playing properly anymore and allowed the fear influence my game like in this case where Im not sure if I did the right thing

In fact, I feel that I lost some value in the hand scared by the flush-draw on the flop that was go to threat my set

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.15)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.15)
      UTG+1 ($2.26)
      UTG+2 ($3.30)
      CO ($5.11)
      BTN ($1.41)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.14) 8:heart: 9:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.28, BTN folds

should I just call and maybe post a bet on the Turn with a donk, or keep villain fired until the river was coming with a possibility for a large bet or ...

TY :)

villain is a 10/3 on 20 hands
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

The brain unfortunately recognize more of those bad runs and downswing that may also be the cause of tilt and forcing to play not your A-game. So you have to adjust to it and try to understand that actually poker will always be like that, sometimes winning, sometimes losing and so on.

As long it's NL5 we can still set-mine there and your play is totally standard. We need to protect our hand here. :) Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      TY :)