This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - JJ call pre?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop question here...

All players are fishes. SB is 50/5 small sample. Should I 4bet/broke here? I think such a player likes to call preflop even with hands like AJ cause he's so passive so I can't be that far ahead from his 3b range?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1821891
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $26.73
      UTG: $30.72
      MP: $9.13
      CO: $9.62
      BTN: $26.50
      SB: $23.82

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :club: J :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2.75, 1 fold, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($9.75) A :heart: Q :club: 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($9.75) 2 :diamond: (3 players)

River: ($9.75) 8 :diamond: (3 players)
  • 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      I think with JJ you are not ahead of his 3bet/squeeze range at all. Passive fish, callingstations usually dont have "bluff" 3bet range, I see coldcalls even with AK/QQ very often.

Unless you have some read, that SB is capable of 3betting/squeezing lighter (I mean AQ/TT or worse), I would consider folding this preflop. With coldcalling you wont have position, and preflop still have 2 players to act behind you. Plus you will often flop 2nd/3rd pair multiway oop, which is very hard to play.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Nah, I am not a huge fan of flatting here, it's not only cause of the tight PFR or whatsoever but also MP who has a small stack and could easily be shipping. Then shoves also SB and we would have donated free money into the pot, I'd just fold it.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Wowie didn't even consider folding it :P . But yeah I see there are some merits to it. tnx.
      He appeared to be a bit more aggro cause he squeezed 77 and I took a note.