CAP or CRAP? - PokerStars

• Paddii
      Paddii
      Bronze
      Heys guys, recently started playing the $0.25/50 CAP games, so far i'm doing ok but I can't seem to find any videos on CAP games.

My question is what is the best way to exploit this type of game?
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Paddii,

I will move this thread to the No Limit Discussion board. I think it may be more relevant in here and that you'll get a quicker and better responce. I've edited the title of your thread to include that you are playing at PokerStars. It may help if you can also post what the CAP amount is :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Paddii
      Paddii
      Bronze
      I'm actually playing on pokerstars and the CAP is $10, sorry i'm new to this lol
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I've changed the title again :P

I assumed when you posted in the Everest board that you were playing there :D

No problem, let's see if we can get you some help here ;)

Gary
    • Paddii
      Paddii
      Bronze
      So i played a few hours today, i'm about break even for the day, got coolered a few times, QQ V KK and JJ V QQ and KK V QQ only for villain to hit Q on river type situations.

Starting to see that happen a lot when other players go to showdown, i think its mainly because i'm playing at the FR tables (everyone but the Regs really NIT up), the 6 max tables might be a bit looser which would suit me better i think, I'm pretty good at 6 max hyper S&Gs so that might give me an edge seeing as there is a lot of preflop action and with 20BB CAP 3 bet bluffing isnt that effective, mainly because most players min bet to induce a shove but then again 6 max might be different in that respect, still waiting on some feedback from somebody??

I don't have hold em manager either so can't import and hands :(
    • Paddii
      Paddii
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Keeping with the CAP theme, i entered the the $1.10 NLHE (1000 CAP $500 guar) on PokerStars

Had a really good run, was playing really well, i made a few mistakes here and there but i'm overall happy with my performance :) went out in 4th

Bit of a cooler in the end, had AQs V AKo and missed my Q :(

oh well $72.5 not a bad return on a $1.10