[NL2-NL10] [SH] 88 vs reg

• 92Niko
      My first hand in English forum :D

Well oppo is a reg of NL10 on ps.it, I have about 900 hands on him (not that much, but enough 4 a read)
      He plays 13/10 3bet:2.1 AF:3,5 WTSD:26 Donkbet:50(18)
      If you need more infos just ask, I've just considered these.

He leads very much, that's the 2nd time on this table he does this on me, so since he could lead with Ax or Qx i decide that my hand has no SD value and I raise as a bluff. He just calls, so i think he can have Ax and rarely Qx, almost never is a set. Turn I check/behind: I'm giveupping, but I'm planning to call on the river just to get the info about his lead/call range since this info won't be too "expansive" for me.

On the river I got my card and I decided to push directly since he doesn't have bluffs in his range and he would never put me on 88.

[hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (MP): $10.35 (103.5 bb)
      CO: $10.44 (104.4 bb)
      BTN: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
      SB: $9.45 (94.5 bb)
      BB: $18.16 (181.6 bb)
      UTG: $1.27 (12.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8:club: 8:diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 5:spade: A:diamond: Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.05, SB calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.80) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.80) 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.80, Hero raises to $9 and is all-in, SB calls $6.30 and is all-in
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello 92Niko,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

First of all I would say that I doubt that he is a very good reg, he doesn't even re-buy to 100bb (doesn't use auto re-buy).

Flop: Which means it's kinda marginal flop to raise it up here, would mainly depend how he has been on early hands and if it does make sense for him to donk an Ace here in that spot. Some still do that, which means I might even just leave the pot alone for first time. If we assume he donking with pure bluffs as well then of course it's possible.

As played
      River: Ship da money. :) He could still have even just pure Ax hands.

Best Regards.