Audio only content.

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I usually listen to music or audio books when doing things like exercises. I wonder if there is any demand for audio only content?
      Maybe worth a try. A weekly podcast or something.
  • 13 replies
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Good idea i think they should def take on board
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Thank you for your suggestion.

I will see if I can't get someone from our department in charge of educational material to drop by and comment.

Regards,
      Richard
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Yup, downloadable audio-only content to put on MP3 players and stuff.

This would be excellent.
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Like this idea.

I have to pay £15 for 3GB of data so will save my usage from not having to download videos.

+1
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Do you mean audio based strategy content from the poker school, or audio based editorial stuff like news/interviews?

I'm guessing both ;)

We did a podcast for a while, but there wasn't a huge response from that. We have also done some audio interviews, which were a little better received.

Regarding strategy stuff, I think that would be interesting. Obviously most of our educational material is video because you get to see poker being played in real time. But we'll see what our poker school think.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      This would be great - listen while running/exercising/commuting.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      You should just be able to download audio from every video possible, I know you need video for the full experience, but to really understand a video you have to go over it twice or even more times. If it was available on audio I could just put it on my iphone and listen to it while I'm driving, mowing the lawn, walking etc. and because I would be listening to this video the second time, I wouldn't need a video because I can remember stuff (I bet you can get the audio by downloading the video and converting, but that is that too much work and I'm lazy).
      This is how I would use audio content, just watching everything first and then would listen to audio a few days later.
      Also some videos are just these presentations where there are like 10 pages total and the coach goes over all the text and for those you really could just listen to audio first without watching the video.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      You should just be able to download audio from every video possible, I know you need video for the full experience, but to really understand a video you have to go over it twice or even more times. If it was available on audio I could just put it on my iphone and listen to it while I'm driving, mowing the lawn, walking etc. and because I would be listening to this video the second time, I wouldn't need a video because I can remember stuff (I bet you can get the audio by downloading the video and converting, but that is that too much work and I'm lazy).
      This is how I would use audio content, just watching everything first and then would listen to audio a few days later.
      Also some videos are just these presentations where there are like 10 pages total and the coach goes over all the text and for those you really could just listen to audio first without watching the video.
      How can we extract only the audio from a video?

Do we need to use a third/party website or software?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BObamaJr
      How can we extract only the audio from a video?

Do we need to use a third/party website or software?
      Yeah, you basically download the video with third party software and then use another software to get the mp3, maybe even one software can do both jobs. There is a lot of video downloaders and converters out there so just dig around and you will find some.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BarryCarter
      Do you mean audio based strategy content from the poker school, or audio based editorial stuff like news/interviews?

I'm guessing both ;)

The thing about interviews is, you can probably rip the audio from them and still enjoy the interview without video.

With strategy videos a lot of them require you to see what is going on to fully appreciate them. I.e coach might be discussing a specific hand which appears on the screen - without the video you'd be lost.

Audio-strategy content could do all the same things videos do, i.e session reviews, leakfinders, HH reviews, theory vids etc....they'd just need to give 100% of the info regarding any hands they play i.e positions, stack-sizes, hole cards/flop etc.

I love putting this kind of stuff on if I'm going for a long drive. Material like this has been made before, eg memoirs of aejones series was pretty enjoyable.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      I will say only "watch this space" :D
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I enjoyed the podcasts. You should do some more.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I enjoyed the podcasts. You should do some more.
      +1 I miss them :(