How safe is to keep money at moneybookers

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Of course no one can tell 100% right answer, but just opinions would be interesting.

I think moneybookers can do the same as FTP, or 5050 poker or purple lounge or any other poker room. Or is it more safe than poker rooms?

The money are not insured, as at regular banks, so we probably would leave without money in case they would decide to bancrupt.
  • 4 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Since they are not paying any interests i see no reason for you to keep any bigger amount of money there. The only way they would collapse is if bank where they are making deposits goes bancrupt. I have no idea which bank is this...
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      I think (based on the numerous threads like this, both here and on 2p2, and various blog posts) that the moneybookers are the safest place to keep your online roll.

Having said that, if moving money between your bank account and MB is easy and quick, there's no reason you shouldn't keep at least some % in your bank, both to get interest on it, and keep it a bit safer.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I am not sure how poker is taxed since I earn not much in poker, but I haerd that the institution which collect taxes, can see your transactions, so if comes from site like moenybookers, I am afraid I one day could need to pay the tax. Probably its no likely, caus my bankrol is around 1K now, so if I cahsout half of it, I will not need to pay tax. Somehow I am just not fan of transfering directly to the bank. Unless go to ATM, then cashout as cash, then go to the bank and deposit :D
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      the safest place is in your pocket or at least your bank account.

moneybookers is not safe from what I read last few days... for example here: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1450241&page=1 (if you understand german)

...they double your payments, money is dissapearing from accounts etc.

good luck!