[NL2-NL10] NL25 AJs followed by AA.

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      First I got this hand:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 7:diamond: , J:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB raises to $4,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($10,25) 3:spade:
      River: ($10,25) 7:spade:

Final Pot: $10,25

Then I got this the next hand:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 4 folds, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 8:heart: , J:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1,00, Hero raises to $5,00, MP2 calls $4,00.

Turn: ($12,85) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $3,50 (All-In), MP2 calls $3,50.

River: ($19,85) 4:diamond:

Final Pot: $19,85

I was not sure if I was to play my AA, or leave it be since I just doubled.
      Unfortunatly once the T hit the board something inside me said "guess who has 9x", but I was already potcomitted...
  • 8 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      ...for me they are both nice hands, just some bad luck with your AA. Anyway aces aren't getting sucked out often.

...maybe you could consider direct push against the bet on flop in second hand, because otherwise you're commited on turn.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      ...for me they are both nice hands, just some bad luck with your AA. Anyway aces aren't getting sucked out often.

...maybe you could consider direct push against the bet on flop in second hand, because otherwise you're commited on turn.
      The guy who hit the straight was a complete donk. He called an all in after hitting a pair of 6 on the turn a few hands later. And he called my bets without anything and without the proper odds. The hands hes show are something like A6s, Q7o K9s(this one is above) and something else with a nice high card.

I was totaly lost what to do on that hand, thats why I'm posting it.
      Its always nice to go up, then down the next hand with AA in your pocket.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think you cannot wish for nothing more than a fish who is paying you off when you hold AA, you should look at it as perfectly invested money even though you unfortunately got sucked out this time.

You can comfortably try to get all-in with AA against such a fish, no need to worry about what happens. If you lose it's just bad luck, but correct move.
      Bronze
      Woah, well played! I think both hands are just fine.

And about your concern (after doubling up): I tend to play just a little bit tighter. Aces, Kings - these are the hands you never want to fold preflop. Queens, AK - the premium ones you want to play nearly any time. The rest are still very strong and I wouldn't fold them just because I have to bet two stacks instead of one on them.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I`m more interested in second hand.Nice standard hand,good preflop,but on such flop (maybe OESD+FD) and bad opp, I tend to support burek2000 opinion to push on flop directly.On turn when we see T,situation even worse,I think you can consider to give up your hand.If turn would be T :heart: ,I definitely laid down most of the time even with AA.I would broke against good TAG (not lag-straight,flush master) on turn.And we should remember that he had double stack.Maybe I`m wrong?Should we always hang on in our AA no matter what? :)

P.S Congrats becoming new (old) professional hand judge. :) :) :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would raise $4 or push with AA
      Bronze
      Thank you. Why 'old'? :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Why old? of course not because of age :D ,because I remember you as voluntary judge as well.Your replies helped me a lot when I just started,Ty. :) :heart:
      Good luck.