This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 sh KJ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party Poker $4 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $4.06
      Hero (CO): $4.59
      BTN: $2.45
      SB: $14.33
      BB: $4.16

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is CO with J:spade: K:club:
      UTG raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 1 fold, SB calls $0.14, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.52) 3:heart: K:heart: T:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37, SB calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.63) K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $1.16, Hero folds, SB folds

is my mistake in calling preflop and not folding? or is it worse that i didn't call the turn
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Wouldn't advice calling while we can assume we getting called afterwards and we turning it into multiway pot. And of course KJo ain't good for multiway.

As played
      Postflop: Exactly this even happens. We can't be sure even how good our K is. :( But flop is difficult to lay down.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah i didn't really think too much about folding this. i mean the K is a scare card for him and he clearly isn't worried about it so im assuming he has some AK/KQ and the worst he has here is like AA that he is just playing regardless of flop texture. i dont see what else he is betting with unless he also has KJ!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      yeah i didn't really think too much about folding this. i mean the K is a scare card for him and he clearly isn't worried about it so im assuming he has some AK/KQ and the worst he has here is like AA that he is just playing regardless of flop texture. i dont see what else he is betting with unless he also has KJ!
      TT/33? :D
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      ofc! didnt even think of those hands.. do you think it was a good fold then?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      ofc! didnt even think of those hands.. do you think it was a good fold then?
      Yeah, most likely while we don't beat that much there.