This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K9s facing donk w/ FD

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Prima Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1823595
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.53
      MP: $20.00
      CO: $32.33
      Hero (BTN): $40.60
      SB: $22.36
      BB: $66.90

MP posts a big blind ($0.20)

Pre Flop: ($0.50) Hero is BTN with 9 :heart: K :heart:
      1 fold, MP checks, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.90) 2 :diamond: Q :heart: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.70) K :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.70, Hero calls $3.70

River: ($11.10) J :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.60, BB calls $5.60

PLay is on anonymous tables... Villain is therefore unknown since i just sat down.

Villains donk means nothing atm and could easily be a pure bluff a vbet w Q or some protection bet with some mid pp. Could aswell be a draw.

I decide to call here... If villain is bluffing we can take it away OTT and we also have a FD and 1 overcard. When the K turn hits and he bets again im putting him on a range of Qx still wanting to protect, some Kx hands 22,55,KQ so i decide to call again with my tp and flush outs. If he bets and i dont impove on river i would probably fold my hand. But i hit my flush and when he checks i make a 1/2 pot bet to get value from Kx and maybe some Qx hands. How do u like my play?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

How can you sit down 200bb. :f_o:

About the play you should be raising the flop already vs the donk while his line usually is rather weaker hand. We also have decent fold equity. But otherwise I would Bet the river for bigger value, if he has something he is going to Call us down.

Best Regards.