Hassled for deposit

• 177steve
      177steve
      Bronze
      Anybody else experiencing this ......
      I qualified for the $50 by doing the quiz & fulfilling the playing requirements but every time I try to fire up a couple of tables and get a session going ......... "Bing Bong" chat box opens, it's customer support trying to entice me into making a deposit with "generous" first deposit bonuses ! Every time !
      It happened again this evening, I had 3 tables open, and yet again my concentration was totally blown so (maybe immaturely but I've had enough) I totally lost my temper, shouted at blokey in the chat box, and shut down the site ...... 3 buy-ins wasted !
      I was planning on making a deposit at some stage but it's really getting me down now so I'm not sure I want to give these people my money.
      Anybody else experience this ?
      I'm on Titan ......
  • 9 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Talk to their customer support -- politely -- and ask them if there is an option somewhere to turn off the announcements.

In the meantime, just close the announcements when they come up.

No point in losing money over it.

Since you play on Titan, I'm going to move the thread to the Titan forum.

Members who play there may have some better suggestions.

Incidentally, I play in Poker770, which is also iPoker network, and I don't see these. Perhaps each skin is different.

--VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi 177Steve,

I second Vorpal's advice here.

Once they pop-up just close it straight away. When you are not playing and have the time either contact them via their online support tool or by email and tell them that when you are interested in depositing you will contact them.

I've seen a couple of similar threads recently about this issue. They should stop immediately once you contact them in any case.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • 177steve
      177steve
      Bronze
      I hear you guys, was a bit tired and grumpy last night and had to vent. I emailed them first thing this morning. It's not really a biggy, like I said - was tired and grumpy X(
      In a better mood today :f_p:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Think we've all been down that road 177Steve. :D

Have fun,

Mal.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Last time they bothered me, I got a free $20 bonus to rake and free $2 token for a SNG...
      But yeah they can be quite anoying, sometimes I think they are bots, they are not so smart allways :P
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      Yeah they are quite annoying with their bonus, they were always telling me I can get 5$ free if I deposit not. Since I made the deposit I haven't been asked again for a new bonus (of course :D ). Personally I like the fact that beside the Titan Points they also have the Treasure Coins with which you can get some really good tokens :f_cool:

On William Hill I've played quite a lot and the support customer never did ask me if I would want to make a deposit. So I suppose it's the personal skin policy :) )

And no, they're not bots, they just have some standard text scripts they use.
    • TFMonty
      TFMonty
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Talk to their customer support -- politely -- and ask them if there is an option somewhere to turn off the announcements.

In the meantime, just close the announcements when they come up.

No point in losing money over it.

Since you play on Titan, I'm going to move the thread to the Titan forum.

Members who play there may have some better suggestions.

Incidentally, I play in Poker770, which is also iPoker network, and I don't see these. Perhaps each skin is different.

--VS
      they are not announcements but their customer support live chat boxes spamming to get deposits, just tell them to gtf
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      they used to just hassle me for deposit every 5 mins, then they bothered me less and less, but still will bother me to deposit sometimes.
      Then they did something new today, they asking me how I'm doing and how I enjoy their games so far. Then support said he can give me instant cash bonus, i fell for it and asked "what cash bonus?" after about 5 mins, he said if i deposit now, i ge $5 free on top of the 200% i get for first deposit. Then he said only available through this chat box only, lmao....

Those support guys are getting smarter. Don't fall for their trap, :o

But i must say that 200% deposit up to 2k is tempting. If only i could win enough money on titan, withdraw then deposit, :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ironmask92
      they used to just hassle me for deposit every 5 mins, then they bothered me less and less, but still will bother me to deposit sometimes.
      Then they did something new today, they asking me how I'm doing and how I enjoy their games so far. Then support said he can give me instant cash bonus, i fell for it and asked "what cash bonus?" after about 5 mins, he said if i deposit now, i ge $5 free on top of the 200% i get for first deposit. Then he said only available through this chat box only, lmao....

Those support guys are getting smarter. Don't fall for their trap, :o

But i must say that 200% deposit up to 2k is tempting. If only i could win enough money on titan, withdraw then deposit, :D
      Hi ironmask92,

Did you by any chance receive your free starting capital at Titan Poker? You mention having money on there without depositing ;)

I only ask as you say if you could win enough to withdraw and then deposit.

This cannot happen unfortunately as to withdraw any cash you must make a deposit before hand! Just thought I'd mention this to you before this time comes.

Sorry for the news :(

Gary