What now

• M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Fishing for some opinions here. I started playing MTTs again couple of weeks ago but grinding micros this time. Starting BR was $1500, ABI $4.

I have played about 500 MTTs, some volume was covered by 180mans. I'm down to $1070 atm. Experienced a (terrible?) downswing.

Before this I used to play on FTP with ABI of $48. Last month of FTP I had ran 99 MTTs, with 149% ROI 15% ITM 8 FTs and +$7K net profit. Compared to that I sucked big time now and on some levels it is affecting my mindset.

Well my AFS was 456 back then now on Stars is 4655 ! But still....

Question is what to do now?

Should I keep grinding micro MTTs with huge fieldsize and hopefully hit something and recover or more?

Should I grind 180mans and heal up my BR then start again? Or keep grinding 180mans to move up out of micros?

Should I do a mixture of both? If so with what %?

With $1070 remaining, what BI of 180mans should I be running?

Cheerio ^^
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      First of all 100 BI's are not a big downswing. Especially if you play tournaments with a lot of players.
      I would recommend to build up your bankroll playing 180men since it should be the safest way to do it.
      For 1k$ the 2,5$ one's should do.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      I have very similar situation but I have almost no experience in 180mans, what would you guys recommend in this case?
    • M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Well Asaban is right about them. They're fairly easy, full of fishes, excellent value and there are couple of good videos by Aaron on them on PS.
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      hi M0nalisa,

downswings suck big time but they are part of the game as you already know.

My thoughts on that... if you are making tilty mistakes such as playing while not rested or overplayin your hands when losing, then simply make the adjustment.

IF you just got back to the game after a long break maybe you need to adjust to players. even FISHES get better.

IF you think a short vacation would help take, it

IF you know your game is solid, the results will come it only take 2-3 days of running well.

good luck at the tables