Shove or Fold? [6 Max Hyper Blog]

• Scotty0848
      Scotty0848
      Basic
      6 MAX HYPERS

----------------------------------

Hi, I've decided to make a blog thread to gain some interest.

I'm playing the hypers 6 max micros on stars at the moment (everyone has to start somewhere).

After a roughly 3000 game sample over the last couple of months, I've achieved an ROI of just uder 1%. At the higher levels, I'd be more than happy with that with hypers being what they are, but 1% at the lowest stakes tells me I have some foundermental leaks. Not too fussed being down 10+ buy ins after an hour and a half session because of the nature of these games, but the bigger overall picture is my worry at the moment.

No one i know plays poker, none of my mates play it so I review my games myself after sessions in wiz but I know little about poker theory. I'm on the look out for a good coach who charges a fair price, or coaching for profit as in this current climate like most people, I dont have much money. Until such time, I'll carry on grinding and see where it goes.

Long term goals:

Work up to the $7 buy ins by the start of next year. $15 would be awesome.

Be a medium/high stake reg by the start of the following year (2014).

Short term goals:

Go from feeling like :f_cry: to feeling like :s_cool:

Volume, but that will come in time as I get more confidence in my game and start adding more tables. For the time being I stack 4-6 tables, they used to be tiled but then I'd see every time I was out-drawn, which happens a lot (specially with that river card) and get tilted. :rolleyes:

I'll try and update once a week or so with a graph

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26711915/130712.png

If the image doesn't work, click here

GL at the tables.
  • 8 replies
    • batukas
      batukas
      Bronze
      will be following, i have started to play hypers on stars like 2 weeks ago, and yea variance can be harsh.. i'm planning on getting coach when i reach 7$ level.. gl to you and maybe we can discuss hands someday, share learning tactics or smth.
    • Scotty0848
      Scotty0848
      Basic
      Yeah definitely. Can get tough playing loads of volume when you lose enthusiasm or hit a down swing which will inevitably happen in hypers. That was the idea of this blog to meet people who play the same game and share strategies/tips.

How much volume have you managed to get in the past couple of weeks? I'm a bit disappointed in my volume but having said that, I have spent a lot of time on sng wiz.
    • batukas
      batukas
      Bronze
      well i have played 419 games so far (25 games a day/average, i only play 2 tables as i don't feel comfortable with my br), i really couldn't play much more, but starting this weekend i will increase my volume by a lot at least for a week or two. Well i was running really not that good, but at least i'm in + side (roi of 2.3%). My goal for now is to play at least 2k games to get some idea where i stand. Because first impression is that i can beat this limit (3.5$) quite comfortably..we'll see...
      i hope you will post some hands in your blog or evaluation forum so we can discuss them. I should start to post hands in the evaluation forum too.. but i'm too lazy i guess..: )
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

The Hyper STTs seem to be the new thing, lots and lots of bloggers switchign to them or working their way up through the ranks!

Will be interesting to see you progress towards your goals!

Regards,
      Richard
    • Scotty0848
      Scotty0848
      Basic
      UPDATE

I started this thread on a sunday so I'll try to keep it updated every sunday.

Not much to update, I took a couple of days off then when I went to grind, table ninja needed an update. So not much volume at all.

My graph is still going downhill :(

It went up 90 buy ins in the first 750 games :s_cool: , but now has gone downhill about 95 buy ins in the following 1000 games :f_mad: and also now the first time in the red.

I think I've isolated what my biggest leak is, and I think that's heads up. So time to hit google tomorrow and try and learn some sage or that game theory optimal stuff and hope I see a difference.

I know logically it's hypers, it's a small sample, and in hypers it can be considered a 'normal' downswing but at the moment, it may cause me to have premature hair loss.

Could really do with a chat with someone who knows what they are doing in hypers.

Short Term Goals:

Learn sage/get better at heads up.

Need to pick up the volume.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26711915/220712.png

If the image doesn't work(doubt it will and no idea why), click here

GL at the tables
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Hi. I'm also playing micro 6max hypers atm, will follow how you're doing too.
    • Scotty0848
      Scotty0848
      Basic
      UPDATE

I'm now at a stage I'm happy with my game, I won't be able to improve it too much more by myself. So now I'm going to turn up the volume massively, adding tables, pushing through variance and start moving up stakes as my BRM allows. I feel I'm a winning player with my game but a large sample will tell.

I've already hit a 100 buy in downswing so I'm going to take shots at $3.50 with 150 buyins and stay there when I hit a 200 buyin safety net. Going to take a while ...

Short Term Goals:

As it's almost a new month, aim for getting Gold status on stars, approx 176 games per day in a 31 day calendar month. I'll be aiming for more games than that.

Add another table, from 6 tables to 7, then 7 to 8 by the end of next week.

Hopefully almost ready to move up.

For the Graphs, I want to use HM2 as the ev line and rake (fpp value) line are just as, if not more important then just the 'winnings' line. However I have no idea how to use HM2, I've tried but I'm useless with computers. If anyone wants me to add them on skype to show/tell me how, be much appreciated.

Graph, click here

GL at the tables
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Better use HEM1 for sngs, works way better. And don't forget to study! You'll move up faster. GL :)