[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #43 15.07.12

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from July 15th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, July 22th at 1 PM GMT.

I've been reading about finding opportunities and have been trying some ideas out like iso-raising and stealing posters and blinds etc., etc.

Guy on left is really loose, like about 60/5 and the main viollain seems a reg/TAG type, but only 150 hands or so.

So obv not a lot wrong on the face of it reraising here and I made it smallish to try to induce...I ignored the recreational guy obv.

What about flatting here? I hate my aces to get outdrawn but I want to try to maxmize these spots more.

Any thoughts?

Microgaming - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: €1.93
      BTN: €4.10
      SB: €4.47
      BB: €9.41
      UTG: €6.87
      Hero (MP): €4.10

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to €0.16, CO calls €0.16, fold, fold, BB raises to €0.52, Hero raises to €1.24, CO raises to €1.93 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls €0.69

Flop: (€4.40, 2 players) 3:diamond: 4:spade: 8:heart:

Turn: (€4.40, 2 players) T:heart:

River: (€4.40, 2 players) 6:diamond:
  • 8 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      I think flatting might be the better option here.

If we flat we give CO the option to come over the top if he randomly decides to do so( which I think we can expect him to do it a fair amount of the time).

Also having AA here we are very likely to flat the opponent's KK/QQ as an overcard is unlikely to come on the flop.

I expect the best factor in deciding here is how aggressive BB is. If he is a nitty guy that rarely squeezes here even with AK then I deff like the call more. I also like calling if he is super aggro here and squeezes all day long with Ax/88/Kxs.

I might like 4 betting more if villain has a standard AK/JJ+ range. We are unlikely to get all the money from JJ and AK this way and I don't think it is worth the risk with the CO having only 50 BB and no history of spewing. With deeper stacks I would against prefer more calling here.
    • cufc37
      I'm worse than a total noob at 6max, but I would think to the main villain, if our read that he's half decent is correct, that it's by now totally clear that we are holding QQ+ (assuming hero hasn't been 3betting for fun the past few hands).

Without a better read on the half-stacked fruitcake I wouldn't count on a 60/5 to shove over our 4bet. He seems very passive on the face of it, and the fact that he's folding 40% shows he's not quite playing any two cards and so while I would still expect him to continue with a wide range, I expect some of his initial calling range could go in the muck at this point.

If he shoves, our call may induce main villain to overshove to be all in heads-up against the fishes likely far weaker range. If he calls, we have potentially given the half stacked fish a small chance to draw out on us, while at the same time increasing our chances of being able to stack both players, since it's unlikely that the BB is going to carry on with anything less than QQ+ vs our shove. Added to that these are hands that we should easily get the required value from postflop to make this a +ev call IMHO.

If I'm miles off, then please feel free to flame!
    • EinsteinFranck
      When it's hero's turn to speak, the pot is already making 90c roughly.

If we flat call, we can suck the loose CO in the pot. The problem would to to situate on the flop. We'd have one really loose player with a wider range of pp.
      I'd fear not to be able to fold the AAs again their trips. If the CO calls, I'd feel commited for almost every board. On such a board, I wouldn't be so happy to see a Q or a J.
      Since the CO is not aggro enough, I don't wanna come into difficult situations on the flop. I 4bet, hoping for one of the loose CO to call or on BB to push.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      I reraise, if I flat, the CO can call with hand like AJ or 88 and miss the flop and fold, because he will be invested 50 cents. While he might want to call our reraise light, see the flop not understanding that he will have to fold his 88 often on flop.

But I would make min4bet vs BTN I guess, I think it might look weaker for the fish, and give him better odds to call.

Another reason not to flat is that we are OOP vs fish, so harder to get money.
    • DrDunne
      i think it's played fine. it's questionable whether it would really maximise value if you flat called here given that you will often end up 3way with your AA. i think it's played okay here and i wouldn't change anything
    • zoty79
      i think, the best option is to get AA preflop all in . The Problem is, that potsflop we often get in tough Spots, where we have to lay down AA after a Raise at the Flop.
    • SecurityDrew
      I like flatting in this spot to keep the reg in and try to get the fish in as well.

I am OK AA vs 2 players given the reg will have a high PP a large part of the time and other blockers against the fish.

Also being in position the BB will have to act first and could donk alot of flops.
    • veriz

We want to keep the loose guy in the pot and assuming the 3bettor might have tough time to continue and is kinda reg who could easily fold we can easily Call it here. We ain't scared of anything and our hand ain't vulnerable. We also have position and in any case BB has a hand he is willing to Bet on the flop anyways or maybe even hit some overcard as KQ or whatsoever.

Best Regards.