Best way to approach limper while holding PP?

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Hey guys, the question I'm having is whether is it better to limp behind when someone already limped in while holding a pocket pair, or is it better to open yourself (3x + 1x per limper, ie 4x). I'm playing ZOOM FR, but I guess this applies to BSS FR in general..

Imagine the following. Hero is CO with 66o, and MP1 limped in. Is it better for hero to: a) limp behind or b) raise to 4x?

Here's my thinking, while going with a) scenario, you're easy to read.. The pot is small, and it's usually hard to inflate it unless both you and the villain have hit something.. Villains would also give you less credit when you cbet..

Going on with b) scenario, villain can't really put you on a pocket pair, IMO for all he knows you might hold AK there.. You can win up a lot of the pots with a cbet on good flop texture, so you don't need to only be winning those 12% of times..

Now this also posses a question, if one choses to go with b) scenarios, what if villain is shortstacked (ie no 20x rule could apply)?

And I know someone can say, well if they play fit-or-fold do that, if they get sticky postflop play for setvalue, if he's c/r...blablabla, but I'm not playing HU against a guy who i have 12k hands on, I'm just looking for what's more +EV under general circumstances and mostly against players whom I have like 0-30-300 hands on so far..

Best regards!
  • 5 replies
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      Hero is CO with 66o
      Well,they're offsuit in your example,so limp behind,but with 66s I would definetly raise.
    • iownw69
      iownw69
      Bronze
      always raise. limping behind shows weakness and by doing so you give BTN the opportunity to squeeze
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iownw69
      always raise. limping behind shows weakness and by doing so you give BTN the opportunity to squeeze
      yeah,lemons are expensive anyway
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      If they're going to fold to a lot of cbets or limp/fold a decent amount before the flop I would raise.

If they only fold to like 1/3 cbets and call your raise every time they limp then I'm more inclined to limp behind 22-66 and just raise 77+.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Depends on the opponent. You don't want to isolate a CS with a small pp, because Cbetting too much might be a bad idea against them, especially with overcards on a lot of boards.
      However against normal opponent, it is allways better to play with the initiative.
      With only one limper, I generally raise or fold my small pps (depending on the table and opponents). I would overlimp over a raise when there are at least 3 limpers, 2 if there's a CS in them.