[NL2-NL10] playing post flop with a flushdraw, how to maximise value.

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      the only question i have about my line here is flop continuation bet, but i figured i already had initiative, and i had the nut flush draw so i feel like its good to make a largely sized continuation bet even in a multiway pot vs 4 opponents as although i don't have the best chance of hitting my hands all the time, i have the nutflush draw and and 2 overcards, so in the cases that i do hit i am very likely to get payed off.
      the advice i wanted on this hand i feel, is more about bet sizing and how to get as much value as possible, i bet 3/4's on the flop because it was vs so many opponents, and there was 3 consecutive cards making the board fairly drawy, but i'm no so sure of my raise sizes on the turn of river, :D any advice on what i could of done, for example looking at this hand, i could see checking the river being a reasonably +ev move, because this feign of weakness would induce alot of players holding anything like top pair top kicker to bet, and considering he has called bets down every single street so far, i think it would be safe to assume he holds such a hand, however any tips on bet sizing for value maximisation or slow play tips(total noob at slowplaying, i just bet bet bet bet bet bet bet), would be very much appreciated :D

BU stats are 20/7 over only 15 hands :D

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.16
      BB:
      $2.80
      UTG2:
      $3.36
      MP1:
      $1.05
      MP2:
      $0.96
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.40
      CO:
      $1.94
      BU:
      $2.73

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.42) 9, 8, 7 (5 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.36, CO folds, BU calls $0.36, SB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($1.14) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.82, BU calls $0.82.

River: ($2.78) 4 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $1.14, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.78.

thanks in advance, your friendly neighbourhood fish, foulkez :s_evil:
  • 2 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I'm ok with a smaller sized cbet vs 5 players but normally I would just check/call vs this many people.

Turn- I bet around half pot to 2/3 pot since it is going to be easy enough already to ship by the river. You may want to make it closer to 2/3 protecting from FHs.

River- Ship whatever you have left and hope he calls.

Nice hand though!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Preflop: Raise to 10 cents cause of 1 limp. :P
      Postflop: Don't Bet the turn so huge cause you are able to shove the river anyways, bet it a bit smaller to try to get him along or even bluff vs you.

Best Regards.