[NL2-NL10] nl2 turn cbet opportunity.

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Again i mess up the sizing on my preflop raise again here :P , really need to work on that ahahh, but i get preflop in a 3 way multiway pot, the flop leaves me with a backdoor flushdraw, and a runner runner straight draw, not really much to work with at all, apart from 2 high cards, and a reasonably non Drawy flop, in this situation i make my first continuation bet, i'm not totally sure if it is perfect play or if i should make it little bit bigger, but w/e, and then i get a flush draw on the river, this is the point at which i am stuck with this play, i have a few ideas but if you shares yours first i can tell you how i felt about the play :D

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $2.34
      MP2:
      $3.07
      MP3:
      $1.67
      CO:
      $1.92
      BU:
      $1.16
      SB (Hero):
      $2.07
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.29

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.26) 2, 9, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.62) 4 (2 players)
      Hero ???

Thanks in advance.
      Your friendly neighbourhood fish, Foulkez :s_evil:
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Not really good spot to CB on such a flop being in multiway pot. The GS doesn't give us good equity there and therefore rather just Check/Fold it. If you CB it then you very often have to 2nd barrel with your extra equity to get rid of his floats.

And yeah, isolation should be also bigger. :P

Best Regards.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      for reference veriz, if it was a 1v1 pot, would it be a good spot to cbet?
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      If it was 1 vs 1 then yes a K high board is pretty good to cb with. However, you need to be careful of floaters OOP on these boards so be prepared to barrel things like the flush card, or an ace typically.

You're usually trying to push them off their pocket pairs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foulkezboyz
      for reference veriz, if it was a 1v1 pot, would it be a good spot to cbet?
      Yes, vs limp/calling range and being HU would be doable. You will have more fold equity then.