[NL2-NL10] [10NL SH, MSS] Ako against aggro-fish and no hit on flop

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      On about 80 hands, villain plays 44/27/2 (VPIP/PFR/AF). He has a high aggression frequency and I had the impression he bluffed a lot of hands, although I did not really have a showdown with him. He was quite active and his limp preflop looks fishy.
      Fold to Cbet flop: 0 (/3 hands), aggression freq 56%. WTSD only 17, but this is likely due to his aggression.
      I raise for value pre-flop. To get more value out of him, I decide to let him bluf and check raise him all-in as this flop is unlikely to have hit him. A good move, or should I just Cbet it or check-fold?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.90)
      BB ($9.80)
      UTG ($10.82)
      UTG+1 ($6.92)
      CO ($1.32)
      BTN ($2.90)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.65, fold, UTG calls $0.55, fold

FLOP ($1.50) 7:diamond: 9:diamond: 9:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $4.25 (AI)
  • 4 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      I doubt his c/c preflop range and often he would have PP.
      FTCB is too low so he would call loose so I don't want to bluff raise against him.

I can't decide CB or c/f
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonchan
      I doubt his c/c preflop range and often he would have PP.
      FTCB is too low so he would call loose so I don't want to bluff raise against him.
      I can't decide CB or c/f
      Thanks for the reply. The difference between his VPIP and PFR suggests that his range is much wider than just PPs, don't you think? But you're right that his limp-call looks somewhat PP-ish of course, but don't see why he would not do this with e.g. suited connectors or A-x hands. What are your thoughts on this?
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      If you think he has FD and worse Ax, I'll lead him.
      Bet/fold, Bet/fold, check/fold.
      I doubt he would raise with worse Ax
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he bluffs worse hands that you dominate then check/shoving is the best play as he will fold those hands when you bet the Flop and/or the Turn

You are even flipping versus Flushdraws+live cards for example which is great because then you do not need him to fold that often since u risk $4.35 to win $2.5

Best regards,
      Gerv