This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [10NL SH, MSS] Ako against aggro-fish and no hit on flop

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      On about 80 hands, villain plays 44/27/2 (VPIP/PFR/AF). He has a high aggression frequency and I had the impression he bluffed a lot of hands, although I did not really have a showdown with him. He was quite active and his limp preflop looks fishy.
      Fold to Cbet flop: 0 (/3 hands), aggression freq 56%. WTSD only 17, but this is likely due to his aggression.
      I raise for value pre-flop. To get more value out of him, I decide to let him bluf and check raise him all-in as this flop is unlikely to have hit him. A good move, or should I just Cbet it or check-fold?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.90)
      BB ($9.80)
      UTG ($10.82)
      UTG+1 ($6.92)
      CO ($1.32)
      BTN ($2.90)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.65, fold, UTG calls $0.55, fold

FLOP ($1.50) 7:diamond: 9:diamond: 9:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $4.25 (AI)
  • 4 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      I doubt his c/c preflop range and often he would have PP.
      FTCB is too low so he would call loose so I don't want to bluff raise against him.

I can't decide CB or c/f
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonchan
      I doubt his c/c preflop range and often he would have PP.
      FTCB is too low so he would call loose so I don't want to bluff raise against him.
      I can't decide CB or c/f
      Thanks for the reply. The difference between his VPIP and PFR suggests that his range is much wider than just PPs, don't you think? But you're right that his limp-call looks somewhat PP-ish of course, but don't see why he would not do this with e.g. suited connectors or A-x hands. What are your thoughts on this?
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      If you think he has FD and worse Ax, I'll lead him.
      Bet/fold, Bet/fold, check/fold.
      I doubt he would raise with worse Ax
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he bluffs worse hands that you dominate then check/shoving is the best play as he will fold those hands when you bet the Flop and/or the Turn

You are even flipping versus Flushdraws+live cards for example which is great because then you do not need him to fold that often since u risk $4.35 to win $2.5

Best regards,
      Gerv