• 9 replies
    • p0kerQT
      you shouldn't bluff in a multiway pot, unless you have a solid image n u were the preflop raiser. Heads up is ok on a non suspicious board (like T9J.. or suited) kinda hard to say when you should though coz theres so many possible different situations, and even a "good" situation to bluff in might turn out bad.
      Its easier if you have good reads on your opponents, n by their actions you can kinda tell if they have a hand or not. Don't bluff too much though coz ur gonna get called sooner or later.
    • arjun2001
      It depends on our image and your reads on opponents as well as the board. You are more likely to take a pot down with a small bet in a heads up pot if the flop is AAA than you are in betting a small amount on a AK9s flop with 5 opponents ahead of you.

Bluffing is also an over rated strategy, which means it is done too much, so avoid bluffing too much and no one can really tell you the exact situations to bluff.
    • xylere
      The only bluff you are really interested in is continuation bet
      there is a silver article about it
      then comes the 2nd barrel

the rest requires game theoretical approach
      check sklansky's books, he wrote a lot about it
    • cannell555
      Originally posted by Sasa1234
      I would like to know in which situations is good to bluff?
      Its simple, if you have to ask this question, then dont bluff. There isn't a set time or place to bluff. Its dependant on stats, reads, position, opponents, image, buyin, and way to many more factors to list. The question simply cant be answered as easy as that.
    • Kivisaba
      tomorrow at 5 pm
    • opal99
      Originally posted by Kivisaba
      tomorrow at 5 pm
      :D good one
    • NRGBlaze
      Originally posted by Kivisaba
      tomorrow at 5 pm
      well not exactly at 5 - join one of my tables and wait for a signal ;)
    • superfisken
      I've always been better at bluffing than playing a good hand, thus getting as much value out of a winning hand.

If you wan't to bluff you'll have to set an image for yourself.

You could try this. (Tournament play or Big Stack NL)

Always wait awhile before you make your move even if your 100% what to do instead of auto-folding/calling/checking and so forth, try to inprint that into your opponents.

Play confident, don't limp too often, either push or fold. Know your opponent, meaning, you should be aware of his/her position, bets and raisies to be able to determine his range. Forcing people with only good hands to play to take advantage out of less favorable flops.

And basically what I do, when a flop or turn that I believe is not that favorable to my opponent/s I hard-bet instantly instead of waiting a moment which I usually do. Most of the times I only do this with medium pair or low pair or atleast 20% to win.

This is just one type of bluff I try to lay down. Don't know if it's explained that good.

Basically what cannell555 says, you either feel it or you don't.
    • samiow
      1. If you feel you have played the hand strongly and your opponent is good enough to lay marginal hands down.
      2. You have the right table image.
      3. Your opponent shows signs of weakness on a scare card.
      4.You have the nuts. (tell urself its a bluff)