Hero (UTG) ($5) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($6.46) 129bb
      MP ($3.69) 74bb
      CO ($4.88) 98bb
      BTN ($11.49) 230bb
      SB ($5.26) 105bb
      BB ($3.96) 79bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 7 players) Hero is UTG 9:club: 9:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.17, 3 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.23

Flop: 3:club: 8:diamond: 2:club: ($0.87, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 10:diamond: ($1.87, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.05, Hero goes all-in $4.10
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

Don't really like your play at all, rather just Check/Fold the turn. We don't have a decent sample on the guy even here to make such fancy moves. Most likely with draws he would Check behind the turn.

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

Don't really like your play at all, rather just Check/Fold the turn. We don't have a decent sample on the guy even here to make such fancy moves. Most likely with draws he would Check behind the turn.

Best Regards.
      but he looks very loose and aggressive ? :baby:
      on the flop, my plan was call him down.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nipbourne
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

Best Regards.
      but he looks very loose and aggressive ? :baby:
      on the flop, my plan was call him down.
      I don't really base on so small sample usually and of course it's difficult to say for me how he played cause I wasn't on the table for that.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Shouldn't the hand be folded pre-flop itself? Pocket nines, OOP against a 3-Bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Shouldn't the hand be folded pre-flop itself? Pocket nines, OOP against a 3-Bet?
      Any why should we fold if we are getting best odds ever here for set-mining? Especially against such an opponent?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      We need 20 times for set mining and I recall you posting once that its ok to have 15 times in a 3-Bet pot.

So we'd need $6 both the stacks to call for set mining but we don't have that much.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      We need 20 times for set mining and I recall you posting once that its ok to have 15 times in a 3-Bet pot.

So we'd need $6 both the stacks to call for set mining but we don't have that much.
      You misunderstood how it works. We have to call 23cents more. So for call 20 we need to have 4.60 in both of our stacks.

This is an easy call preflop.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Thats exactly what I thought earlier and did post it once and was corrected by some people saying that the Call 20 thing is on the total amount put so far and not the amount thats just needed to call and thats when I started to play these hands differently. Phew, gotta get a deeper understanding of the Call 20 rule now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thats exactly what I thought earlier and did post it once and was corrected by some people saying that the Call 20 thing is on the total amount put so far and not the amount thats just needed to call and thats when I started to play these hands differently. Phew, gotta get a deeper understanding of the Call 20 rule now.
      Hope it's clear now. :) If need still some help then gimme a tell.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yup its clear now, thanks.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      if im right the formula for the call20 rule is.

if (you or your opponent stack+money in the pot already)=amount needed to callx20 if this is true for you and your opponent, i think this is right, someone confirm for me.