[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQ on BTN

• TheCoon
      TheCoon
      Bronze
      CO: 27/26/agg: 2.0/cbet:64

At the time of this hand, he's stats were much looser, so I just flatted to keep his range wide. So on the flop I decided to call twice and to fold on the river if he bet. And that's what happened. However after the hand I had the feeling that it wasn't played well.. :f_confused:

Does my lane have any sense? I think that he's not betting 3 times with a worse ace.. :f_confused: :f_confused:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.74
      CO:
      $27.33
      BU (Hero):
      $19.00
      SB:
      $13.60
      BB:
      $3.95

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) A, 7, 6 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) 8 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($4.95) 3 (2 players)
      CO bets $2.80, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.95.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheCoon,

Rather fold the turn than Call it there and fold the river. River didn't change really much. There are a lot of 2pair combos in his range which has you beat.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I think I might have a leak here cause I would have called the river too.

What if he has a hand like AJ, AT or even AQ that he was betting 3 streets with.

When we call with AQ pre-flop we hope to hit a TP kind of hand which we did so why not call down, why fold?

Also if he checks the turn I'm assuming its obvious that we bet right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      I think I might have a leak here cause I would have called the river too.

What if he has a hand like AJ, AT or even AQ that he was betting 3 streets with.

When we call with AQ pre-flop we hope to hit a TP kind of hand which we did so why not call down, why fold?

Also if he checks the turn I'm assuming its obvious that we bet right?
      Why would we always want to Call him down just cause we hit, can't really understand in the logic? If it's very likely that our equity isn't very good here, why should we him Call down? Especially if we don't even get very good odds.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, so in these situations you would only play 2 pair or better beyond this turn and you'd obviously raise the turn right?

If we had AK instead of AQ then would you promote calling down?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok, so in these situations you would only play 2 pair or better beyond this turn and you'd obviously raise the turn right?

If we had AK instead of AQ then would you promote calling down?
      Depends on his sizing and overall play, how often CBs and etc. According to that I'd base my factors but on the river there is very capped range what we have beat. Also most of that range wouldn't bet that huge.

With AK at least it would be a bit wider range which we beat there and could even include AQ. SO yes, more likely to Call him down but then again depends on the opponent, vs high W$SD we will rarely be ahead.