[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK vs blind poster

• TheCoon
      TheCoon
      Bronze
      This was my first hand vs that opponent.
      Should I be more careful when that card hits the river and makes a 4 card straight on the board ?
      I feel like if someone post the blind out of the blinds can stack off with a bare J...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $8.00
      BU:
      $11.60
      SB:
      $10.20
      BB:
      $10.24
      MP2:
      $10.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      CO posts deadblind, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) J, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.79, CO calls $0.79.

Turn: ($2.73) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.89, CO calls $1.89.

River: ($6.51) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.82, CO calls $4.82(All-In).

Final Pot: $18.15.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheCoon,

As long the guy doesn't even have a full stack and has enough of Jx hands in his range seems to be fine. But Bet the flop & turn bigger for protection.

Best Regards.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      In a situation like this, how large would you recommend betting for protection? The board doesn't seem too wet to me, so the bet sizing looks fine to me. Obviously you know better than I do though, hence the question.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Same as above. Sizing seems ok to me here too. I figure most flops bring either a straight or flush draw. As long as I don't see both I still size around 2/3 to 3/4.

Veriz, if we are planning to stack off on the river, isn't it better to check and let him bluff at that scare card and then stack him? Or either decide to just check fold here because how much worse can call us on that scary board?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Pretty standard and obvious board to bet something like 90 cents and maybe even bigger on the flop, bigger on the turn and so on and ship the river. :) He is a dead-blind poster, most likely a loose opponent. Like the most super easiest value-bet in the earth to do it bigger. :D