[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Overpair faces heavy flop + turn action in 3-bet pot.

• Salivanth
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $2.07
      UTG: $2.77
      MP: $2.85
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $1.35
      Hero (SB): $5.33

CO posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is SB with Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.62) 9:spade: 9:club: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $1.02, Hero calls $0.62

Turn: ($2.66) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.28, CO raises to $2.56, Hero raises to $3.84, CO calls $1.12 all in

River: ($10.02) 2:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

So, here's my personal anaylsis of the hand, as analysed after the hand. Villain is unknown, having played exactly 3 hands with him.

Pre-flop: Pretty straightforward moves from me. When he calls, I put his range at TT-JJ, AQ. Less likely are KQ, AJ, AK, or a trap with KK+.

Flop: Here things get dicey. I bet, and my opponent re-raises. At this point, it's either a bluff with ace/king high (Which I don't like. It's so easy for me to have QQ+ here, which I in fact do.) or he's got TT, JJ, KK, or AA. Odds are, it's TT or JJ, since trapping is less likely than straightforward play.

Turn: Now I'm totally unsure. I can't just call, I have to shove or fold. He could have TT. He could have JJ. He could have KK+. Given that I'm putting another $2.40 in for a $10 pot though, I think that shoving was correct here.

That being said, this was by far the largest pot I've played in a long time, and had some questionable portions, so I figured I'd post it here. Did I overplay my hand here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Salivanth,

While it's 250bb deep even here I would most likely consider right on the flop. Cause we don't know even the guy and his open-raise 5bb was already kinda strong preflop.

Nor of course doesn't make sense to donk the turn after his raise, what's the purpose of it? You are just forcing his bluffs and weak hands to fold.

Best Regards.