Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.03) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($10.59) 106bb
      CO ($9.44) 94bb
      BTN ($18.97) 190bb
      SB ($15.18) 152bb
      Hero (BB) ($12.94) 129bb

Opp 17/16, agg 24(not percent, and not 2,4. It's 24) fold to 3b 100% after 240hands

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 10:club: 9:heart:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80

I decided to raise him, because of his fold to 3b stat, ofc if called I'll play IP. I think opp calling here with 22-JJ, ATs+, AJo+, KJs+, maybe KQo.

Flop: 2:club: 5:club: 10:spade: ($2.40, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $5.50, SB goes all-in $13.98, Hero calls $6.24

I think this aggressive opponent can raise my cbet with all cards in his range. And I can't see fold here.

If calling, it would be hard to play on overcards, because his agro so huge, so he'll definetly continue barreling. And call his shove on river with 2nd pair or even top pair if I get lucky doesn't sound like a good plan for me.

So I choosed between shove and min raise. When shoving I will get call from sets (22,55,TT), JJ, AT and maybe nut flushdraws (not all the time I guess). And he'll fold everything else.

If min raised, against this particular aggressiver opponent, I think he can shove a lot of his range here as bluff/semi-bluff: 22, 55-JJ, all flush draws he has and I guess all overcards (which ones has only 25% against me). I guess we maybe even can't exclude 33 and 44 off his range, because of his 24 agg.

p.s. we also can't forget that I have one club, which reduces his outs to catch flush and ofc I have T in my hand, which highly reduces chances of him having TT and AT.

So what do you think about my this not standard play?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Vycka73,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

AF for that sample is very wrong to take a look and you can easily ignore it. You can never take a look at AF in that kind of spot. You are most likely going to be behind here, especially vs such a nit. He isn't going to bluff you. So you can easily Bet/Fold it.

Would advice to rather use AFq with small sample. ;) And even with that sample that isn't going to be always correct, he is very nitty and plays very few hands, if he plays them he also plays them aggressively.

Best Regards.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Thanks, I guess I'll take the chance, and try to maximize the value of this forum :)

About AF: So what is a good sample to determine AF correctly? I guess I can check it after even 100 hands... I see I was wrong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Vycka73
      Thanks, I guess I'll take the chance, and try to maximize the value of this forum :)

About AF: So what is a good sample to determine AF correctly? I guess I can check it after even 100 hands... I see I was wrong.
      For even 100 hands you may want to use AFq rather than AF. The sample has to be much bigger, dependent how many hands the guy overall plays, we might even talk from at least 500+ hands.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Oh, okay.. Thanks. So I think I have to switch to AFq in my HEM, because when playing Zoom, you have to deal with smaller samples more often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Vycka73
      Oh, okay.. Thanks. So I think I have to switch to AFq in my HEM, because when playing Zoom, you have to deal with smaller samples more often.
      Yes, makes more sense.