[NL2-NL10] NL4 FR Play monster draws aggressively?

• Phoenix2104
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players

UTG+1: $2.78
      UTG+2: $4.47
      MP1: $9.23
      MP2: $5.17
      CO: $3.94
      BTN: $0.97
      SB: $1.42
      BB: $7.42
      Hero (UTG): $1.40

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG with Q:diamond: A:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, SB calls $0.06, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.04

I know I shouldn't open limp-in but at these stakes there are usually callers to almost every raise and I didn't want to invest pre-flop a big bet and have to play the rest of the hand out of position with people who call every c-bet if they don't see an ace on the board.
      The raiser was unknown, not a regular and didn't multi table as far as I could see. He was playing a lot of hands and min-raising pre-flop often. My impression of him was that he was a donk and didn't give much credit to his actions.

Flop: ($0.28) 8:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.12

I saw his small c-bet as a sign of weakness and figured he must had two overcards so I raised him expecting him to fold.

Turn: ($0.68) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP1 raises to $0.64, Hero raises to $1.12 all in, MP1 calls $0.48

I bet the turn continuing the aggression and was surprised to see him raise me. I still didn't believe he had anything strong, I thought he was either bluffing or he could have an overpair at the most, something like 99 or TT. With a flush draw and two higher cards I figured I had the odds to go all-in here.

River: ($2.92) 4:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

My main questions are:
      1. Should I had just check-called his bets at the flop and turn instead and fold to a river bet if I didn't hit anything?
      2. Should I fold at the turn after his raise?
      Any other comments are welcome also.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hey Phoenix2104 :)

If you are playing the MSS, we know that we should be playing Tight-Aggressive poker. Limping is not in our repertoire because it is easily disrupted

With having A:dQ, I am happily raising this preflop as I would be on MP1 for example

Now the Flopplay & beyond is a bit advanced because we are in a situation I do not advice/recommend beginners to be in because it is complex, hard to make profit & easy to make a mistake.

I would lead the Flop myself as a semi-bluff since it is multiway and it is relatively less likely he would cBet as a bluff since he needs to fold out 2 players

Then you can just barrel on the Turn or go all-in when he raises you on the Flop

Best regards,