The Introduction

• Wrknprogress
      Wrknprogress
      Basic
      Well hello poker world my name is Sandra. I'm 31 & have been playing poker for the past couple of years. My poker itch came from a home game where I was introduced to NL by a couple of friends. Completely out of my league I walked away a winner on a small buy in of 40 dollars with an additional 70 dollars. I was unaware what hands 2 play how to play the board etc, all that seemed important to me at the time was if I could have 2 high cards it may work out well for me. And on that day it did. From that day I begin researching poker to find out what the game was all about, how to properly play, what hands should be play & so on. I just felt that not everyone could be sitting down at the table total clueless. So I wanted to become knowledgeable on the game. My first book that I read was "Play Poker Like the Pros" by Phil Hellmuth. It gave me a beginning outlook on the game & some useful information. Not to drown your eyes out with these long introductions I have began to play some limit holdem within the last year & have found it to be very exciting. I've found some success at the $3-6 all the way up to $10-20. I've reviewed some of the strategy videos that the site has available and have found it to be very informal & useful. I can't wait to use the hand evaluation form just 2 get a better insight on some of my mistakes & leaks so I can continue my journey up the ladder with this ever interesting and evolving game.
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hello there Sandra and welcome to you!

I think you made a wise decision to come to Pokerstartegy, as we have just about anything you would need to guide you towards being a winning player.

Have you chosen a poker room to play at yet, so you can earn Pokerstrategy points? These enable you to move up in status which in turn unlocks more advanced materials.

If not and you need advice, here is a link where you answer a few questions about your game and an expert will recommend a poker site for you.

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

If there is anything else you need just ask ok?

Meanwhile, have fun,

Mal.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wrknprogress
      I have began to play some limit holdem within the last year & have found it to be very exciting.
      :coolface:
    • highjinx
      highjinx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      Originally posted by Wrknprogress
      I have began to play some limit holdem within the last year & have found it to be very exciting.
      :coolface:
      Brilliant m8
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      You are still basic, is everything ok ??