$11.07
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB (Hero):
      $12.85
      BB:
      $9.93

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.9) J, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.1) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.1.

villain 57/1 af 1.6 cbet 100 ftcbet 41 367hands

Flop : cbet = value

turn : i decide to check call, i don't want to bet because if i get raise i might be in a bad spot where i don't have the odds to call and i`m most likely behind.

I did not expect him to bet so big, even with 11 outs i don't have the right odds to call, i said 11 because in such spots he`s got most of the time a T, i don't expect him to bet so big with two pair.
  • 3 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think the flop cbet is fine.

The turn I would have cbet too. If he raises he has probably hit the straight (16% chance) and you can go from there. I don't think there's any reason to be afraid and be playing for a showdown when you still have TP/TK and nice draws.
      With someone calling this much and more than likely horrible, I doubt he'd raise if he has the straight and you could set your cbet to some odds that you want.

When he bets, if he has a straight he has 75% equity. So this looks like a pretty straight (rimshot) forward fold. :f_p:

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hey, I havent check much stats, but on flop you have almost the nuts. You have your nut flush draw + 4 tens (or 3 if you want to discount just in case). That is pretty good. So as you said, you are betting for value. I think you should bet it a little bigger though.

On turn it is a little tricky, but I think you should probably bet it to keep the initiative and choose the bet size. The best thing is to check it on equilab, but I think there are few worse hands that will call (any flush draws, for example) Also, you might earn a free showdown on river, or you might even elect to check call for value depending on what he does there.

The way it is played puts you on a tricky spot. I would find it really hard to let that hand go, but facing that kind of bet...just sucks.

No stats on villain?

(edit: oh, sorry, just noticed them! Yes, he seems like a calling station. Do you know if he float much (however that turn bet...errr) :f_confused: )? Also, do you have WTS and W$SD?)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

There ain't going to be many hands from his range which are going to worse on the turn anymore, so I totally agree with your plan there and I'd play the same way. I'd plan to Check/Call and reevaluate the river. Unless of course we face such a Bet which we unfortunately can't Call cause we might not even have the implied odds while being OOP.

Best Regards.