This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs :(

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $6.56
      MP3:
      $6.32
      CO:
      $11.07
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB (Hero):
      $12.85
      BB:
      $9.93

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.9) J, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.1) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.1.

villain 57/1 af 1.6 cbet 100 ftcbet 41 367hands

Flop : cbet = value

turn : i decide to check call, i don't want to bet because if i get raise i might be in a bad spot where i don't have the odds to call and i`m most likely behind.

I did not expect him to bet so big, even with 11 outs i don't have the right odds to call, i said 11 because in such spots he`s got most of the time a T, i don't expect him to bet so big with two pair.
  • 3 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think the flop cbet is fine.

The turn I would have cbet too. If he raises he has probably hit the straight (16% chance) and you can go from there. I don't think there's any reason to be afraid and be playing for a showdown when you still have TP/TK and nice draws.
      With someone calling this much and more than likely horrible, I doubt he'd raise if he has the straight and you could set your cbet to some odds that you want.

When he bets, if he has a straight he has 75% equity. So this looks like a pretty straight (rimshot) forward fold. :f_p:

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hey, I havent check much stats, but on flop you have almost the nuts. You have your nut flush draw + 4 tens (or 3 if you want to discount just in case). That is pretty good. So as you said, you are betting for value. I think you should bet it a little bigger though.

On turn it is a little tricky, but I think you should probably bet it to keep the initiative and choose the bet size. The best thing is to check it on equilab, but I think there are few worse hands that will call (any flush draws, for example) Also, you might earn a free showdown on river, or you might even elect to check call for value depending on what he does there.

The way it is played puts you on a tricky spot. I would find it really hard to let that hand go, but facing that kind of bet...just sucks.

No stats on villain?

(edit: oh, sorry, just noticed them! Yes, he seems like a calling station. Do you know if he float much (however that turn bet...errr) :f_confused: )? Also, do you have WTS and W$SD?)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

There ain't going to be many hands from his range which are going to worse on the turn anymore, so I totally agree with your plan there and I'd play the same way. I'd plan to Check/Call and reevaluate the river. Unless of course we face such a Bet which we unfortunately can't Call cause we might not even have the implied odds while being OOP.

Best Regards.