Crushing 180mans (micro-low)

• M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Hello

I thought it might be nice to have a weekly thread discussing a certain tournament. I know there are tons of articles out there but it'll do good to gather comments or even links to useful data itt.

Doesn't matter if you're a newbie or pro. Write down your comments, tips, questions, personal experiences, links and don't be shy about it ;)

So come on people, let's nuke the thread.

With a nice feedback we can turn this into a weekly thing and discuss further popular tournaments.
  • 2 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I don't know which direction you want to go with. Therefore it might be a good idea to start by posting your own ideas. =)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Fair enough. Let's start with Turbo ones.

Regarding the starting stack and blinds escalation, I believe it is not the best strategy to play old school in these tournaments. I prefer to be 'The Accumulator' as Asaban has mentioned in Das Experiment 1.0.

A question pops up here. What about speculative hands? (Considering you know how to play with them). But are you deep enough to afford them? Cause you know even small pots can set you back hugely in these tournaments.

Second but related, many times you need to rely on bluffs while playing speculative hands. So how does fold equity/fear equity work in these tournaments? I find it rather impossible to force a fold while someone is holding the top pair or an over pair.