How to make blind battle inexplorable?

• Darkyd10
      Hello guys

Currently im facing a huge difficulty in SH games where i beeing a player who steals alot, regs started adapting and 3beting me

Id like your opinions on how i can counter a reg 3beting me wide, something around 12% and how do i counter that if he defends vs my 4bet (since i also 4bet light at that point, my first option), with a range of 5%?

So point is:

They 3bet 12%-15%
      Go 3bet/broke with 5% 99+ AQ+
      Go 3bet call with 4.5% AT AJ KQ 66-88
      Call with 10% A8-A9 JT-KJ, K9s 22-55

Vs this scenario how would you adjust?

Plus what happens if 3bet ranges gets wider?
      And what happens if call ranges get wider?
  • 7 replies
    • Darkyd10
      my first idea looking at ranges i put down is something like

hes 3beting 12-15%
      calling another 10

so folding 75-78

Since ranges seem to change cause in this scenario im still stealing them alot then im guessing they fold 70% do be even better for inexplorable purposes.

Ok so:

FE SB-bb they defend wide its probably 40%
      FE BU vs sb+bb = 0.7*0.8 = 56%
      FE CO vs BU+SB+BB =0.7*0.8*0.8 = 45%

Im considering normal players with 0.8 fe average
    • Darkyd10
      As far as ive realised 100% of hands isnt +EV but what % of hands wud be for each position

Dont forget to consider we playin oop vs BB when on SB
    • jonnyjm
      Well you can flat his 3bets and float flop, betting and taking it away on the turn if there the kind of player that plays more "honestly" from the turn on wards. A lot of players can't double barrel with out a hand in 3bet pots.

If there not this kind of player and will still call your 4bets often you'll have to tighten your original stealing range and/or change the types of hands in your stealing range so that you'll be able to play post flop more often.
    • metza
      I agree with jonny's two adjustment suggestions, and would add I personally like adjustment one for BTN steals and adjustment two for SB steals.

This way you can play 3bet pots in position against someone with a pretty questionable hand when they're 3betting 12%. Its hard to play 3bet pots without position and he's likely to make a lot of mistakes.

Then tighten up when stealing from SB, but your table image is still a loose stealer. Especially if his 12% is a merged 3bet range, he's just gonna end up in position but dominated and end up losing a lot of money when he makes a hand but you have him outkicked etc and he will not credit you with a hand because you're "stealing light" when actually you aren't from the SB.
    • Phgrinder
      playing 3bet pots oop is hard.
      i would just steal less from the small blind and steal more from the button. this way if he still 3bet's light you have position and can 4bet lighter. he will have a hard time flatting 4bets oop without a strong range, making him 5bet lighter / shove ( which is really good for us )
    • Darkyd10
      i know that the main adjustment is to steal less

but exactly how much less

like how wud i find at which % of hands wud a steal be breakeven?
    • DoigteurFou
      Depending on your position, you can also never 4bet (as well with the premiums) but flat with a wider range (12% resteal? Let's say 9% flat range).
      Depending also on how he reacts to 4bets I would 4bet more, either with a merged or polarised range.