MP2 ($50.41) 101bb
      MP3 ($96.94) 194bb
      CO ($15.98) 32bb
      Hero (BTN) ($58.14) 116bb
      SB ($191.43) 383bb
      BB ($54.24) 108bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is BTN 6:spade: 7:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: 8:club: A:club: 9:club: ($3.75, 2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.87, Hero calls $1.87

Turn: 10:heart: ($7.49, 2 players)
      MP2 bets $4.24, Hero raises to $12, MP2 raises to $25.36, Hero folds

Final Pot: $44.85

MP2 wins $43.28 (net +$14.55)

Hero lost $15.37

Stats in 2.1k hands
      11/8/1.9/84/19/85
      73/43/24/50/2

First I thought 11/8 can't have QJ but I think he can, from that position. Initially it was a hard fold but the more I think about it the better I feel. JUst missed a spot where 'variance' usually kills my winrate :) (sarcasm). Actually I think he had the flush. Anyway this guy squeezed my utg open raise, I shoved and he thought until his timebank ran out if he should call or not with KK. Speaks a little about the sort of player he is.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Preflop: Already calling here without a specific plan I don't like it. Especially with just 7 high. This guy has to have leaks postflop to play such hands profitable.

As played
      Postflop: Why would you Call the flop and then when you complete lay down your down and turn it into bluff. Doesn't really make sense. :P Fold the flop cause it's not really a good spot to float/draw.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I really don't understand :D

First of all, there's calling and calling :D . He has 71% CB flop but only 38% CB turn, he bet 1/2, might be a weak bluff attempt on A high and he's just check-folding the turn. Also, I can bluff him on any club even when I don't hit. I also have the oesd outs and the 7 (TJ hit). Just that I called on the flop doesn't necessarily mean I took a passive approach for the whole hand.

On the turn why wouldn't I raise? I have a decent hand, can take value from a lot of other hands that he plays exactly the same, two pairs, sets, a K :club: flushdraw. I don't think he's ever folding a set to a raise, thus it's a value raise. I also hope that he's not getting it in either. This is what torments me right now. Could he be so dumb and get it in with a set on that board? :D I hope not
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Actually, I think I understand. I don't know how he's playing, what is he capable of going broke with so it's best to bluff catch rather then fold the best hand :) .

But his range on the turn is huge. Looking at the first steps, a mono A high board appears, he bets half pot, then another coordinated cards appears, he bets again half pot. By this time he can have AK,AQ,AJ(TP+OESD),AT(top2),AA,TT,99,88, some QJ (I doubt all, just those with a :club:) and I don't think more than 3 combos of flopped flush KcQc,KcJc,QcJc because he is so tight. I can't count combos while playing but the first instict is to raise against such huge range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I really don't understand :D

First of all, there's calling and calling :D . He has 71% CB flop but only 38% CB turn, he bet 1/2, might be a weak bluff attempt on A high and he's just check-folding the turn. Also, I can bluff him on any club even when I don't hit. I also have the oesd outs and the 7 (TJ hit). Just that I called on the flop doesn't necessarily mean I took a passive approach for the whole hand.
      Why would you try to bluff on any , he may as well just try to block-bet with his draws there to get a cheap card? :)

On the turn why wouldn't I raise? I have a decent hand, can take value from a lot of other hands that he plays exactly the same, two pairs, sets, a K :club: flushdraw. I don't think he's ever folding a set to a raise, thus it's a value raise. I also hope that he's not getting it in either. This is what torments me right now. Could he be so dumb and get it in with a set on that board? :D I hope not

Why not? With his play he could easily even induce bluffs there. Obviously his play may look like nutted hand but at the same time he could easily just overplay AA there as well which thinks it's the nuts.

And not to talk while he could also have a nutted hand as AxK.

Just don't see any reason to float and then turn your made hand into bluff on the turn. You could just waste the money which is less on the flop already if you assume to have fold equity. He isn't going to fold on the turn his made hands and nor even if he Checks he could just Check/Call with Ax/FD.