This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ BB vs BTN

• TheCoon
      TheCoon
      Bronze
      No stats on the villain. Would it be a good idea to donk out on the Turn ?
      Was my fold on the River ok, considering his fast and big bet ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $12.78
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB (Hero):
      $11.77
      MP2:
      $11.27
      MP3:
      $11.24
      CO:
      $11.20

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 3, 7, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.65) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.65) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.65.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

unless player is really tight pre-flop I would most of the times 3-bet AJ for value against BU steal. This makes imo my hand easier to play. If you don´t c/r flop then I don´t see reason why you should bet out turn. If you think your hand is the best then c/r flop or betting out yourself 2 or 3 streets should be better option than c/c flop, betting blank turn. I would likely bet out river myself. Since Q is overcard to 88-TT I think he would not bet there too often for value with worse hands, he may sometimes bluff, but more often he should call my 1$ bet with showdown value.
      If I check then I would prefer c/c with showdown value. After giving up turn he might easily bluff overcard on the river

best regards,