This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - JJ gets action pf

• EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

This JJs gave me some troubles: I can't really call for set value but I noted Villain as an aggro fish. He's raising A8s+ easily and I've seen him raising SC for UTG. I decide to 3bet/call since he's so loose.

But the hand gets weird and I get called by another short stack while the initial raiser fold.

The flop is low. I basically don't wanna see any free cards and decide to shove to protect against AK/AQ. I can make value of a TTs maybe.

Should I have fold preflop?

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $4.60
      BU:
      $0.79
      SB:
      $1.21
      BB:
      $0.82
      UTG2:
      $0.80
      MP1 (Hero):
      $4.82
      MP2:
      $0.13

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG2 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BU calls $0.30, 3 folds, 2 folds, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($0.71) 3, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.51, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.71.
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      The play preflop seems fine. 3betting JJ for value is fine.

As played- Shoving vs his small stack is also ok. He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small. He may also call with AK/AQ here and try to get lucky.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small.
      It's a little bit counter intuitive, no? I'd rather call a 3bet with a middle pair if we're both extremely deep.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Pretty standard play vs his stack, 3bet for value and go broke. :) Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EinsteinFranck
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small.
      It's a little bit counter intuitive, no? I'd rather call a 3bet with a middle pair if we're both extremely deep.
      Yes, but he is fish and you are not :f_confused: . He is stacking lightly and JJ is way ahead of his range.