[NL2-NL10] NL2 - JJ gets action pf

• EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

This JJs gave me some troubles: I can't really call for set value but I noted Villain as an aggro fish. He's raising A8s+ easily and I've seen him raising SC for UTG. I decide to 3bet/call since he's so loose.

But the hand gets weird and I get called by another short stack while the initial raiser fold.

The flop is low. I basically don't wanna see any free cards and decide to shove to protect against AK/AQ. I can make value of a TTs maybe.

Should I have fold preflop?

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $4.60
      BU:
      $0.79
      SB:
      $1.21
      BB:
      $0.82
      UTG2:
      $0.80
      MP1 (Hero):
      $4.82
      MP2:
      $0.13

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG2 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BU calls $0.30, 3 folds, 2 folds, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($0.71) 3, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.51, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.71.
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      The play preflop seems fine. 3betting JJ for value is fine.

As played- Shoving vs his small stack is also ok. He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small. He may also call with AK/AQ here and try to get lucky.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small.
      It's a little bit counter intuitive, no? I'd rather call a 3bet with a middle pair if we're both extremely deep.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Pretty standard play vs his stack, 3bet for value and go broke. :) Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EinsteinFranck
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      He can probably call with any mid pocket pair here given his stack is so small.
      It's a little bit counter intuitive, no? I'd rather call a 3bet with a middle pair if we're both extremely deep.
      Yes, but he is fish and you are not :f_confused: . He is stacking lightly and JJ is way ahead of his range.