[NL2-NL10] QQ raise pre, flat call till the end

• Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Hi everyone ! I have a new hand to share with you guys that I think I played pretty bad. It's Fast Poker Titan ( same thing as Zoom poker on Stars ).

Blinds 0.02$ - 0.05$, 6-handed, everybody folds to me in CO. I had QQ and I raise 0.15$, getting called by the BB. My stack was 8.50$, his was 6.15$.

Flop 3 4 9 rainbow, the pot was 0.32$, he bets 0.50$ ( a pretty big bet for a set in my opinion, or for 2 pairs, on a flop with no draws ). I decide just to call here.
      Turn 7, still no flush draw, the villan bets 1.40$ in a 1.32$ pot ( ambitious bastard ), I decide to call as well.

River J, he pushes all in 4.30$ in a 4.10$ pot and I instantly call. He shows 9Jo and wins the 13$ pot.

Now, the way I see it, on the turn I should've decide either to push all in ( if I thought I was better ), or to fold if I was thinking I was an underdog against a set. Obviously, I was thinking I am better since I called the flop bet, turn and river bet without hesitation ( and I was right, till the river came ).
      In conclusion, after I calmed down smile , I think the hand was correctly played until the turn, where I had to shove or fold, but the way I see it, as he was value betting for me, the call was semi - OK as well.

Please tell me what you think ! Cheers !
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Rahica,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: I'd raise it to 20cents on those limits.
      Postflop: Raising at some point wouldn't make sense cause you would be isolating yourself against strong hands. Call the flop & turn is fine, although I would most likely end up folding on the river when he shoves like that. We will more often see strong hands there than pure bluffs.

Best Regards.