[NL2-NL10] Tough squeeze spot

• FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I ran $20 under EV today and made a pretty questionable shove and overall play here.

I assumed he would fold anything but AK, AA and KK (Slim chance of KQ calling OOP in my opinion). I was wrong.

This was a super spew. Although, both had over 85% of fold to 3bet. The guy who called had 90%.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.50
      SB: $18.19
      BB: $11.54
      UTG: $3.07
      UTG+1: $12.26
      UTG+2: $8.49
      MP: $10.20
      MP+1: $9.04
      Hero (CO): $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: 6:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $1.20, fold

I shouldn't make plays like this. Normally I will 3bet suited aces vs one opponent but I squeezed cause they had around 90% fold to 3bet.

Flop: ($3.45, 2 players) 2:spade: 4:heart: K:spade:
      UTG+2 bets $2.17, Hero raises to $8.50 and is all-in, UTG+2 calls $4.82 and is all-in

I assume he only continues with KK, AA and AK. I was wrong. Not sure what to do in this type of spot really. Shoving seemed like my only option. Calling makes no sense and folding felt too weak =/ .

Turn: ($17.43, 2 players) T:diamond:

River: ($17.43, 2 players) 5:heart:

UTG+2 shows K:club: J:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 40%, Flop 54%, Turn 73%)
      Hero shows A:spade: 6:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 60%, Flop 46%, Turn 27%)
      UTG+2 wins $16.65

I guess just avoid squeezes like this in the first place? Or is it ok vs such high fold to 3bet?
  • 11 replies
    • TeddyBjornen
      TeddyBjornen
      Bronze
      im not 100% sure but i think if there is a high fold equity to 3-bet thats fine, but A6s is not the best hand to do it with since you often get dominated. And is it really too weak to fold to the flop bet, i mean he called ur 3-bet so i would say that he often have maybe AA or kx hands.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      It also said I had 45% equity against his Kx not named AK hands.

So I'm not too sure here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FlashDavin,

Preflop: Why would you squeeze in first place vs assumed loose player? Kind bad spot to do that. Why ain't ya just calling and playing postflop?

As played
      Postflop: Why would he continue just with that range? Obvious he is never-ever folding a Kx, so only range he is folding is a bluff. But I doubt that he is bluffing in a 3bet pot. So for what you went here is kinda coinflip at the best for you. If you want to take the variance then sure do it but you wont have much fold equity as you said only few hands continue.

Best Regards.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Yeah calling and playing IP is probably the best choice here.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      It would be nice to have hands sample, because it doesn't make sense for me to have 90% fold to 3b and call KJo OOP :O

One way or another, I like your play pre-flop. Especially against these players who likes to fold. And why you, veriz, think that this player is loose? I can't understand that. We don't know his vpip and pfr, but his fold to 3b is huge and exploitable.

Flop is also well played for me. Donk bets usually are a weakness sign and my first thought would be that it's a donk bet from pocket pair who missed flop and didn't hit set. When you shove, he must to fold these pairs, everything what calls you ofc beating you, but you have lots of equity with your nuts FD.

Overall, I liked your play, and I would played it the same way.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      It didn't make sense to me either. I think I was 3betting him with like ATC in position because it was 90% over like 250 hand sample and like 20 3bet spots. So he folded 18/20 times. I think this was the first hand he adjusted on.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      I think 'adjusted' is the wrong word, because it's zoom and it's hardly possible that he adjusted :D But it exist other factors ofc. Maybe he just lost a buy-in (which we can't know) and now he's on tilt, etc. etc.. But based on his pre-flop stats, I think your squeeze is very +EV.

Edit: ofc, sample isn't very huge, maybe just variance in stats :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Somebody pressed the button, any specific question? :D
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I don't understand what's bad with pre-flop raise. You said that villain is loose, how did you decided that?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Vycka73
      Originally posted by veriz
      I don't understand what's bad with pre-flop raise. You said that villain is loose, how did you decided that?
      According his stack? ;) Good player wouldn't most likely play with such a stack.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Omg, I missed this very important detail... :D