Live cash game

• asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      I play regularly in cass game with a few friends, one is really tight, one is a maniac, couple of TAG players and then there's this guy who I'm having some problems with playing against when he has a big stack...

If he gets a big stack he starts raising like a crazy person. The blinds are 10/20, but he often elects to bet 200 PF, and he does this very often... If you raise him he will most of the time call with any two and it will be hard to outplay him after the flop without risking a big chunk of your stack. So basicly he runs right over the table. It's really hard playing against these kinds of players since they are bound to pick up hands now and then and you never know when they have anything decent.

Does anyone have a good strategy that I can use against this LAG player?
  • 5 replies
    • BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      if you are sure that he does this with any two, simply wait for your cards and then you can be almost sure that you make him smallstack again... if you lose somehow, then ok, it is variance, but f.e. TPTK should be enough for all in on flop if he raises you...

I play against such guy, too, in my home cash games... and I found it difficult, too :-) so I read some articles and now when I am focused on him I have no real problems with him...
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      I could wait for premium hands but thats not really my style... I like to mix it up. But I can see what you're saying and I think that is probably the best way to deal with this situation...

But your position on him does matter alot... If you're oop against him you can get into alot of trouble... but if I have position on him if don't really worry about him.
    • Sdre
      Sdre
      Bronze
      If he raises, and you have like AK AQ JJ, or other premium hands, re-raise allin.
      Do this only one time, than I think he will think twice before he overbets agien.
    • Tukaluga
      Tukaluga
      Bronze
      there are 2 strategies :

"TheHammer" ( put all your money in with big hand PF)

or for the people with balls ;)

"The-Rope-A-dope" (use his agression if u hit a monster)

i dont like to play this extreme LAGs too, although u can win a lot of money
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      w8m8 :)