[NL2-NL10] [NL10 SH Zoom] QJo PF 4b OOP

• Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.57 (35.7 bb)
      SB: $5.41 (54.1 bb)
      BB: $9.40 (94 bb)
      UTG: $6.08 (60.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $12.25 (122.5 bb)
      CO: $18.45 (184.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q J
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.50

Opp 27/22 after 260h. 3b: 9,9. More likely to 3bet IP then from blinds. Well played or not? Opp f2cbet is 60% so plan if called cbet almost all the flops and give up if he'll play back. If he raises PF - fold.
  • 6 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I think there are lots of bluffs in his range so this 4bet is profitable with blockers. Don't get caught "cbetting any board" to him. He can easily trap with KK and AA in position and draw another big bet out of you.

His f2cbet is 60% in normal pots yes, but his range is much stronger in a 4bet pot!
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      I think there are lots of bluffs in his range so this 4bet is profitable with blockers. Don't get caught "cbetting any board" to him. He can easily trap with KK and AA in position and draw another big bet out of you.

His f2cbet is 60% in normal pots yes, but his range is much stronger in a 4bet pot!
      I can't agree 100% with you. It's really depends if he 3-betting here with pockets or no. I didn't know/knew that, but if he do so his calling range increases dramatically, one of this reason that my 4b is small. He is not a good player, and we can't tell that he would make good/perfect moves, especially in these spots, I can only guess ofc, but I think that he can call my 4b with wide range of hands. I even wouldn't be surprised to see a call with SC and Axs here.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I just assumed this was a solid aggressive regular given the stats you have shown here.

A normal reg isn't gonna call a 4bet with their PPs typically. 5bet shove or fold I would assume.

But you have said he's not a good player. After 260 hands, what reads do you have on him?
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      I just assumed this was a solid aggressive regular given the stats you have shown here.

A normal reg isn't gonna call a 4bet with their PPs typically. 5bet shove or fold I would assume.

But you have said he's not a good player. After 260 hands, what reads do you have on him?
      I don't have specific reads, but I can decide this because of his unusual stats. Overall vpip/pfr is a little bit high, it's hard to find a good LAG player in micro limits. 27/22 I guess more aims to LAG then TAG. Ofc his cbet is 96%, which indicates that he likes moves out of lines. What is more, his blind defense stats are: 69/25/6 (fold/call/raise).

From these stats I can try to guess that this player really didn't know what he's doing, and I can't call him 'good'. I think he had read some articles or watched some videos how to play better, but can't actually use it the way it should be used. It's even hard to decide if he's aggressive or passive.

To sum up, I can safely say that he is bad and this is why I can't dismiss PP from his calling range (if he would be called).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Vycka73,

We can't Call here being OOP, so only option is fold or either we 4bet/Fold it. If you assume his 3betting light then sure, we can 4bet/Fold it, although I'd go for 2,5x.

Best Regards.
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      Okay, everything is good then. In this particular situation - villain folded.