Grinding my way to Japan!!! FR,SNG,CAP

• jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Hello everyone,

as my title says, im gonna grind my way to Japan, at least i will try. So I'm thinking to move to Japan next year in January or April but if i'll not be succesful than next year in July or October, but my primaly goal is to move in January, as sooner as possible...

This summer is my 6th year when i'm playing poker and trying to grind my way up to HSNL, but i always had tilt problems and everytime i had days when i lost more than 5BI i could withdraw everything and lose it in sports betting. Shit happens if you do it first time but when you lose your hard earned BR everytime you start to have losing days it's more than stupididty than "shit happens."

So, this year i already had 2 couches who helped me to fix my tilt problems and helped to improve my game, also bought Tendler's book "the mental game of poker" which helps a lot in bad days. So i finally fixed the problems that i had previous years and no the only thing left is to grind.

So in 4th June i deposited 130$ in Stars and it will be the last time i will deposit anything in poker, so i started to play cash FR NL2, to this day i already played more than 300k hands, here's the graph:

NL2 and a litte of NL5:

not much, but i went through my hand history in June and i gave away more than 70BI!!! imagine i gave away almost 150$ in NL2 by thinking that everyone are bluffing in turn and river... But i fixed that too and now i feel more confident and i know that everyone are too solid to bluff. :D

So, my goal is to grind and move up as soon i feel confident that i'm crushing certain limit.

So now i'm playing NL5 and will try to get 100k hands this week and see how i'm doing, the same goes for next week if i'm feeling confident than i will move to NL10 and will try to play 100k hands in NL10 and mix with NL16.

Later i will mix cash with SNG MTT 90man and 180man, but this month i will concentrate on cash only. About CAP, i'm gonna play SH in Stars when i'll have 3k$ bankroll so that's 300bi for NL50 and will try to study them so that later i could completely switch to them.

I'm gonna grind a lot and hope that hard work pays off, and also hope that my Blog will be fun enough to follow :)

Current BR: 433$

GOALS:

July:
      Until 22 July: 100k hands in NL5

23rd - 31st 100k hands in NL10 and 50k in NL16

goals about august i will update at the end of July.

Main Goal:

need 20k$ to move to Japan.

GL&HF
  • 84 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey jurish123 and welcome to the blogging section

wow that is impressive for nl2 and nl5! but very conservative BRM - you must be a perfectionist lol. i take it you are playing zoom poker to get in that much volume each week? either way, they are some really solid volume goals and im sure you are perfectly ready for nl10 by the looks of things.

japan would be really cool - i've always wanted to go and plan on doing so one day. maybe when im making a killing from poker tho - i hear the job opportunities are quite bad at the moment.

anyway, good luck with the goals and im sure you will crush :D

Lewis.
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      hahahah, yeah kinda. nope i hate zoom, i'm playing regular FR :) .
      Yeah it's hard to find job in Japan, even if there're available spots, japanese will be the first to get it...

Thank you :)
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Ok my first Update:

played my first 10k+ hands and it went decent, even if i lost set vs set few times, KK<AA etc. but i run above ev and i think it's a good start :)

• jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      OK i'm done for today. Started good and ended bad. I hate when this happens, but oh well, only need few VPP to get my 50$ stellar reward and than maybe i'll get paid for my nuts... Time to sleep and i'll put some interesting hands later, graph:

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi jurish123,

Welcome to blogging!

So, why Japan and how did you end up calculating $20k to be enough to move?

Good luck of course, I'm also planning to visit Japan next year so might see you there :D

Ingrid
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi jurish123,

Welcome to blogging!

So, why Japan and how did you end up calculating $20k to be enough to move?

Good luck of course, I'm also planning to visit Japan next year so might see you there :D

Ingrid
      Why Japan ? i always wanted to try to live in Asia, at least for few years. My first choice was China and Thailand because people around me pushed to think like that but i never liked those countries, i just can't find any sympathy with those countries. So after few months of gathering information i decided that Japan is the place where i want to go or to be more precise my "gut feeling" says that there is where i should go(dunno if i wrote right). About money, 10k$ goes for language school fee and other 10k$ goes for living expenses, apartment,food etc.
      Nice where are you planning to go ? haha yeah might see you there too, i'm gonna live in Kyoto so if you're planning to visit there we could get in touch :D

Update:

I couldn't update or even play poker yesterday because the internet was so slow that even it took 5 minutes to open google page, crazy... Today was the same until now when i finally could open PS so i gonna play until 5 or 6 in the morning and try to clear my stellar bonus.
      Also i said that i hate zoom but as i started to play in NL5 the trafic in the morning is bad and it's hard to get normal tables so i was thinking that maybe i should give a try and play zoom for few hours everyday, i was thinking that i'm gonna play with 200BI and gonna use MSS or 50BB strategy so i wanted to ask if someone can give me some advice how to play them ? and is 200BI enough for them ? How swingy are they ? I tryed to use HEM 1 to see if stats are working but it only shows previous table stats so the only option left is to use pokertracker 3 so does it work ?

Thank you
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Update:

played more than 2k hands on regular tables and won 1.xx$. Than tryed to play zoom and didn't run so good and made some mistakes. Tryed to play on 6 tables, at first was hard but at the end it was ok and starting from today i think i will mix both regular and zoom tables. Also wanted to clear my stellar bonus but i feel so sleepy that i couldn't rake the last 23vpp so i will leave it for today's grind.

NL2 and NL5 zoom graph:

BR: 407$
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Update:

meh... right now i'm in need depression, i can't tell if i'm just fucking unlucky or PS is telling me that i should withdraw my money and forget about poker. First i can't win anything in regular NL5. Second tryed to play at regular NL10, at first was ok won almost 3 BI and than lost with fullhouse vs 4ofkind and other smaller pots where ops catched their 2 outs on river and at the end i'm again BE. Tryed to play zoom, finally i went up from -12$ to +10$ and than again i lost with fullhouse vs 4ofkind and other smaller pots where ops cathed their gutshots on river etc. and again i'm a loser. i don't have any strange to even continiue to play, i know i should take some time off from poker but i also know i'm short of time because if i want to live abroad next year i need to play a lot, but the more i play, the more i feel that i just don't have that "talant" in poker. I have a feeling that the more i play the harder is to win anything, dunno why.

If someone has some advice, please share, thank you.

Graphs:

Today's regular FR,NL5,NL10

NL2,NL5,Nl10 zoom so far:

• ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      It's all part of the game mate. When you're running good for a decent amount of time, any down turn just makes you feel terrible: you begin to get nagging doubts about your ability to play and watching all those winning slowly fall back down really hurts. But it happens to everyone, and you just got to grind on through and think about your average $ gain in the long run.

Take a day or two and read some articles, or watch some videos, and then come back to the tables fresh. Instead of 6 tabling NL5 why not play 2 or 3 tables of NL10 and concentrate on making brilliant decisions, taking thorough notes and playing different lines. Even though you probably won't make as much $, it'll really boost your confidence and remind you why you want to develop as a poker player.

You really *MUST* take a break, and do something else. Long grinding sessions can only be part of your development; you learn far more <NL100 by investing your time in study and thoughtful play.
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Originally posted by ains21
      It's all part of the game mate. When you're running good for a decent amount of time, any down turn just makes you feel terrible: you begin to get nagging doubts about your ability to play and watching all those winning slowly fall back down really hurts. But it happens to everyone, and you just got to grind on through and think about your average $ gain in the long run.

Take a day or two and read some articles, or watch some videos, and then come back to the tables fresh. Instead of 6 tabling NL5 why not play 2 or 3 tables of NL10 and concentrate on making brilliant decisions, taking thorough notes and playing different lines. Even though you probably won't make as much $, it'll really boost your confidence and remind you why you want to develop as a poker player.

You really *MUST* take a break, and do something else. Long grinding sessions can only be part of your development; you learn far more <NL100 by investing your time in study and thoughtful play.
      Yes, that's exatlcy what i'll do and thanks for the adivce, also i really don't want to take a break cause this summer is a MUST to play as much as i can and i think that all this depressin and struggling will make me a much better player:)
      Yesterday called my old friend and asked if i can give back 160$ until august and i said sure. He's a strong live grinder and he told me that yesterday he was playing an 200$ tourney and lost to some agro drunk german who played everyhand and he lost with AA vs 55, few hands before bubble and he was a little depressed, cause it's already been few months when he won something at live and we talked about poker and i told him that i'm running bad too and it really helped me to get back on my feet :)
      So i decided that until 1. August i will grind NL2 to get those 160$ and also gonna play 25k hands in NL5 zoom and also gonna play NL10 but i will reduce my 24 tables to 10 or 12 and will concentrate on every decision i make, so i will update everyday but i'm a little lazy to put graphs so only in text but in 31. July i will put all my graphs for this month and overall for regular and zoom tables.

Goal from 22. July to 31. July:

160$ in NL2
      25000 in zoom NL5
      25000 hands in NL10 reguler FR

Yesterday i played a little NL2 and withdraw 11$, so:

NL2 11$/160$
      0/25000 Zoom NL5
      0/25000 NL10 Regular

GL&HF
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Update!

Dunno if someone is really reading this blog but i will update anyways cause after i'll accomplish my goals it will be fun to look back and see how i struggled :) . Anyway, yesterday didn't play much but today i already played 8h and gonna play 2 or 3 hours more soon in Nl10. Also i started to mix NL2 with NL5(40BB) so i could faster get that money.

NL2 27.42$/160$
      1919/25000 Zoom NL5 - Profit: 6.39$
      0/25000 NL10 Regular
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      why dont you just get a job if you want to get money to go to japan
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Of course there's people reading!
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Originally posted by tryhardnoob
      why dont you just get a job if you want to get money to go to japan
      Ofcourse it would be smart choice to get a job but the problem is in my country average salary is 300$, even if i'll get in better job the hourly only be 2 times bigger so 600$, so in poker i know i can earn much much more. But if you're talking about Japan, the only place where you can work is school or more precise English teacher. it's a shitty job on the other hand if you want to work in normal job you need to have almost perfect japanese and only japanese. So poker FTW. Even if i whine i know that poker is the only way how to get there and i will accomplish it sooner or later :)

Update!

Today for the second time this year i played in NL10, haha it's funny how you chiken out when the money is 5 times bigger and your heart races when you go allin with 10$ even if it's AA :D

NL2 27.42$/160$
      1919/25000 Zoom NL5 - Profit: 6.39$
      1619/25000 NL10 Regular - Profit: 10.26$

GL&HF
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      Nice motivation, sir, I personally read, keep going with the updates please :D
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Of course there's people reading!

Nice motivation, sir, I personally read, keep going with the updates please

ty FaTDoGBG and ofcourse i'll continue to update :)
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      you seem to be doing crazy insane amounts of grinding whats the reasoning behind playing 10/12/24 tables at once?
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      This guy is the sickest NL 2/5 grinder in the entire world methinks.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Im just back from my holidays and thought to check on you. I see ups and downs reached the blog, keep it up and don't give up because the road is bumpy!