• 11ben11
      11ben11
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, i am a newbie to poker and have been referred here by 2 friends who used to come on here to play poker, i have just passed the quiz and looking forward to learning with the free $50, thanks in advance pokerstrategy
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello 11ben11 and welcome to pokerstrategy!

have you decided what you will be playing - tournament poker or cash games? there are lots of resources for each and if you are interested in cash game poker then i recommend the no limit beginner's course (link in my signature). this is really helpful and you will learn lots :)

looking forward to seeing you around and good luck!

Lewis.
    • WeeSteekyAja
      WeeSteekyAja
      Bronze
      I've just passed the test too! I'm new here, but not new to poker. Played for years, but have recently had a lot of losses through bad playing, and was looking for info to improve y skills, and maybe get rid of some bad habits. Discovered this site by accident. I feel I've learnt a few things already, and looking forward to learning more...

Oh... And the free money is a nice bonus! :D
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Welcome! Feel free to ask anything about poker around here. I'll do my best to help as one poker newbie to another! =)
    • 11ben11
      11ben11
      Bronze
      thanks everyone! just recieved my first $20 for partypoker so thanks again pokerstrategy, i am wanting to play on the tournament games and after reading the articles about bankroll management i dont think i will enough to do the tournaments unless i deposit, so i will just play safe for now and try to slowly increase my bankroll on the $1 tournaments, unless you guys have a better idea?
    • bormana1717
      bormana1717
      Bronze
      hi all
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      1 dollar tournaments on 20 dollars. I hope that works out for you. You are still bronze I see, can you describe how it is going ??