This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

• 11ben11
      11ben11
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, i am a newbie to poker and have been referred here by 2 friends who used to come on here to play poker, i have just passed the quiz and looking forward to learning with the free $50, thanks in advance pokerstrategy
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello 11ben11 and welcome to pokerstrategy!

have you decided what you will be playing - tournament poker or cash games? there are lots of resources for each and if you are interested in cash game poker then i recommend the no limit beginner's course (link in my signature). this is really helpful and you will learn lots :)

looking forward to seeing you around and good luck!

Lewis.
    • WeeSteekyAja
      WeeSteekyAja
      Bronze
      I've just passed the test too! I'm new here, but not new to poker. Played for years, but have recently had a lot of losses through bad playing, and was looking for info to improve y skills, and maybe get rid of some bad habits. Discovered this site by accident. I feel I've learnt a few things already, and looking forward to learning more...

Oh... And the free money is a nice bonus! :D
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Welcome! Feel free to ask anything about poker around here. I'll do my best to help as one poker newbie to another! =)
    • 11ben11
      11ben11
      Bronze
      thanks everyone! just recieved my first $20 for partypoker so thanks again pokerstrategy, i am wanting to play on the tournament games and after reading the articles about bankroll management i dont think i will enough to do the tournaments unless i deposit, so i will just play safe for now and try to slowly increase my bankroll on the $1 tournaments, unless you guys have a better idea?
    • bormana1717
      bormana1717
      Bronze
      hi all
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      1 dollar tournaments on 20 dollars. I hope that works out for you. You are still bronze I see, can you describe how it is going ??