This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Bluffing with initiative vs 2 on flop

• Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $7.26 (45.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $18.14 (113.4 bb)
      CO: $16.07 (100.4 bb)
      BTN: $15.76 (98.5 bb)
      SB: $6.08 (38 bb)
      BB: $16 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.56, CO folds, BTN calls $0.56, SB calls $0.48, BB folds

Flop: ($1.84) 9 3 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.20, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($8.24) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.80, BTN raises to $9.60, Hero folds

Results:
      $17.84 pot ($0.80 rake)
      Final Board: 9 3 3 6
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$8.56 net)
      BTN mucked and won $17.04 ($8.48 net)
  • 8 replies
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      villain is 17/9 reg with huge agression

7,8 af
      97% cbet
      donkbets 64
      and folds 50 to cbet

sb was freaky fish calling station guy
      65/5/1.0
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      bet vs missed cb = ?

seems like a fine spot to just give up. the reg will be more honest with the calling station on the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Darkyd10,

I just love those plays. :D What are you trying to represent with Check/Raise on the flop? Nothing? When FD completes, how many hands do you make to fold? Not many? Think of it and then come back and can post your thoughts. :P

Best Regards.
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      cr flop wud represent a big draw by my side

i think villain is betting probably all his preflop range so the Ax and pairs in order to take the pot

Thinking he cant call a cr with Ax there wud prob call pairs, but then he cant really react to a complete flush because thats what i rep there, either cant react with small pairs to lots of agression, so i bet turn

I know im overthinking things probably lool

bet fold vs 2 with fish in hand didnt seem good idea, i knew that reg wud almost 100% bet there with his entire range so...i get to c what fish does if i let him bet instead of me plus i prob have the same fe still vs the reg cause his range is the same as it was preflop

it might be really bad and strange move but i like to test them anyways

wud like to hear your thoughts about it,

btw when would a move like this be acceptable?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      just c/f? :D

i pick this line when i have THE nuts (FH) and expect a good villain to float me often. leveling war = i win. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, it's a Check/Fold.

Check/Raise as a big draw, I hope you really joking. :D Cause you would almost 99% of the time CB with it and never isolate yourself vs strong range. What big draw, I am curious. :D

Acceptable? Why would you ever consider Check/Raising as being PFA?
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      so basically if i had a big hand lets say trips or full or over my line wouldnt make sense and id stack an agressive oponent cause he wud lvl himself?

i had no idea if this line even made sense thats why i posted it xD also why i tryed becuz the line exists lol

been really curious about it cause cr as pfr makes no sense but what wud happen if i did it so i tryed lol

becuz if this line is 99% bluff, then i can do it for value and destroy a bigger range, ofc vs agressive who wont check back
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Darkyd10
      so basically if i had a big hand lets say trips or full or over my line wouldnt make sense and id stack an agressive oponent cause he wud lvl himself?

i had no idea if this line even made sense thats why i posted it xD also why i tryed becuz the line exists lol

been really curious about it cause cr as pfr makes no sense but what wud happen if i did it so i tryed lol

becuz if this line is 99% bluff, then i can do it for value and destroy a bigger range, ofc vs agressive who wont check back
      If you had the nuts then again it would be totally pointless while you could just Bet/Bet & ship da money on the river. What's the purpose of it? :D