[NL20-NL50] Bluffing with initiative vs 2 on flop

• Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $7.26 (45.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $18.14 (113.4 bb)
      CO: $16.07 (100.4 bb)
      BTN: $15.76 (98.5 bb)
      SB: $6.08 (38 bb)
      BB: $16 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.56, CO folds, BTN calls $0.56, SB calls $0.48, BB folds

Flop: ($1.84) 9 3 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.20, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($8.24) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.80, BTN raises to $9.60, Hero folds

Results:
      $17.84 pot ($0.80 rake)
      Final Board: 9 3 3 6
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$8.56 net)
      BTN mucked and won $17.04 ($8.48 net)
  • 8 replies
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      villain is 17/9 reg with huge agression

7,8 af
      97% cbet
      donkbets 64
      and folds 50 to cbet

sb was freaky fish calling station guy
      65/5/1.0
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      bet vs missed cb = ?

seems like a fine spot to just give up. the reg will be more honest with the calling station on the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Darkyd10,

I just love those plays. :D What are you trying to represent with Check/Raise on the flop? Nothing? When FD completes, how many hands do you make to fold? Not many? Think of it and then come back and can post your thoughts. :P

Best Regards.
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      cr flop wud represent a big draw by my side

i think villain is betting probably all his preflop range so the Ax and pairs in order to take the pot

Thinking he cant call a cr with Ax there wud prob call pairs, but then he cant really react to a complete flush because thats what i rep there, either cant react with small pairs to lots of agression, so i bet turn

I know im overthinking things probably lool

bet fold vs 2 with fish in hand didnt seem good idea, i knew that reg wud almost 100% bet there with his entire range so...i get to c what fish does if i let him bet instead of me plus i prob have the same fe still vs the reg cause his range is the same as it was preflop

it might be really bad and strange move but i like to test them anyways

wud like to hear your thoughts about it,

btw when would a move like this be acceptable?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      just c/f? :D

i pick this line when i have THE nuts (FH) and expect a good villain to float me often. leveling war = i win. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, it's a Check/Fold.

Check/Raise as a big draw, I hope you really joking. :D Cause you would almost 99% of the time CB with it and never isolate yourself vs strong range. What big draw, I am curious. :D

Acceptable? Why would you ever consider Check/Raising as being PFA?
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      so basically if i had a big hand lets say trips or full or over my line wouldnt make sense and id stack an agressive oponent cause he wud lvl himself?

i had no idea if this line even made sense thats why i posted it xD also why i tryed becuz the line exists lol

been really curious about it cause cr as pfr makes no sense but what wud happen if i did it so i tryed lol

becuz if this line is 99% bluff, then i can do it for value and destroy a bigger range, ofc vs agressive who wont check back
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Darkyd10
      so basically if i had a big hand lets say trips or full or over my line wouldnt make sense and id stack an agressive oponent cause he wud lvl himself?

i had no idea if this line even made sense thats why i posted it xD also why i tryed becuz the line exists lol

been really curious about it cause cr as pfr makes no sense but what wud happen if i did it so i tryed lol

becuz if this line is 99% bluff, then i can do it for value and destroy a bigger range, ofc vs agressive who wont check back
      If you had the nuts then again it would be totally pointless while you could just Bet/Bet & ship da money on the river. What's the purpose of it? :D