[NL20-NL50] NL25 deep6 bottom set in 3bet pot

• lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      First time villain 3bets, I figured I have odds for set value + position = can't fold.
      Then I hit set, but not the best flop ever imo, fold to his c/r ? I think basically he has AK,AA,KK equally distributed here so if I win one third of the time I break even on the shove, but not sure if would actually play AK this way.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $25.20
      Hero (BTN): $54.65
      SB: $48.40
      BB: $59.10
      UTG: $61.85

Pre-Flop: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, SB raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.90

Flop: ($6.50) (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.75, SB raises to $14, Hero raises to $51.65 and is All-In

Turn: ($97.30) (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($97.30) (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $97.30 Pot ($3 Rake)
  • 6 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Id prob call the flop c/r and get it in on the turn.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think basically he has AK,AA,KK equally distributed here so if I win one third of the time I break even on the shove, but not sure if would actually play AK this way.

9 AK combos and 6 AA-KK
      in this way you will be ahead 60% of the time
      he can also have AQ
      anyway, I would also call c/r and get it in on the turn
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      I think basically he has AK,AA,KK equally distributed here so if I win one third of the time I break even on the shove, but not sure if would actually play AK this way.

9 AK combos and 6 AA-KK
      in this way you will be ahead 60% of the time
      he can also have AQ
      anyway, I would also call c/r and get it in on the turn
      you forgot QJ :p... Anyway, he can have AT and AJ too. I think the best line of thinking here is "ZOMG TRIPS 10's! @NL25! OMG, maximize value!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      agree))
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks

you forgot QJ :p... Anyway, he can have AT and AJ too. I think the best line of thinking here is "ZOMG TRIPS 10's! @NL25! OMG, maximize value!
      in fact I'd be more thinking like that if it was NL1000 because no one ever has anything at this limit, but a 3bet at NL25 is usually a monster (which is why he just can't have QJ,AJ,AT here).

@xylere, yeah I was wrong on that equally distributed part, which makes me even happier about my shove (I don't see any point here of not getting it in right now, as if he has AK, and a Q or J turns he could be (for bad reasons but hey its NL25) afraid and not call a shove, and if the turn bricks the money is going in so no reason to delay.
      funny like I'm really getting used to flopping set under set, I'm not pissed of at all which I think is a great improvement :P
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      This is fine, but he could have AA here more often than you think.