[NL2-NL10] nl2 Aj

• prisly87
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 7, J, Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.52, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.39.
  • 2 replies
    • foulkezboyz
      i think you fold this preflop, playing this hand passively preflop, puts you in poor position, as you only really want to be calling pre flop raises with pocket pairs, unless you are confident in your post flop play, but from what i can see, you are a reasonably new player like me, so it is best to avoid these tricky spots where we can lose money too easily.

Post flop, i don't think it is really worth raising over his raise, although it is reasonably small raise, you only really hold MPTK, which is not that strong versus his range, if we assume he is a tag for this situation, And give him a reasonable mid position open raise range, of something like 88+,AJs+,KQs+,AJo+,KQo, then preflop we are a 48/62 loser, and post flop although it improves slightly, we are behind against the whole of his range, if we remove the hands we think he checks with, and looking at this board, if he is holding absolute trash i think he checks, this puts us in an even worse situation.
    • veriz
      Hello prisly87,

Preflop: If you rather don't have a good idea how to play postflop then calling ain't very good here, we ain't really far-far ahead even vs MP2 range.

As played
      Postflop: Nor the raising doesn't make sense, what's the purpose of it? You turning your hand into bluff? Why min-raise?

Best Regards.