UTG: $5.57
      UTG+1: $18.36
      UTG+2: $4.55
      Hero (MP): $10.00
      MP+1: $15.53
      CO: $10.21

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25

Standard open.

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 2:club: 9:diamond: T:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

I put him on a set mining range as he is 20/16 at this point.

Turn: ($1.55, 2 players) K:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $3.87, Hero ???

Should I just be shipping here and hoping I am set over set or how scared of QJ should I be? I think playing QJ OOP is not really in his range here. Maybe QJs only.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FlashDavin,

You should Bet the turn bigger and turn even completes a turn, so shoving wouldn't make sense vs unknown. Rather just Call it and reevaluate the river.

Best Regards.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I thought that was the right move cause I would be over repping my hand. I did in fact call and Q came and I had to fold it cause he insta shoved.

However, today at the coaching, Grummeler said it's a such clear ship on the turn and I felt almost dumb about it lol. He was arguing too many cards on the river kill my action with 3rd nuts here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      I thought that was the right move cause I would be over repping my hand. I did in fact call and Q came and I had to fold it cause he insta shoved.

However, today at the coaching, Grummeler said it's a such clear ship on the turn and I felt almost dumb about it lol. He was arguing too many cards on the river kill my action with 3rd nuts here.
      Well, we have to ask ourselves if there are going to be many worse hands anyways which Call us? If he has any kind of made hand he is willing to pay us on the river anyways.

The only hands I see we are protecting from is something like 9:hX or whatsoever hands which are the FD type of hands. But against any other we don't really need that much protection.

Assuming it's also ZOOM the ranges will become rather strong there and people will easily give up weak hands as just TP or whatsoever, I would assume he isn't even overplaying it. So what's the purpose of shoving there? In normal tables I would agree it would be more likely towards a shove.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I think it was aimed more at not protection but value. He was mentioning how so many river cards could kill the action vs weaker sets or two pairs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      I think it was aimed more at not protection but value. He was mentioning how so many river cards could kill the action vs weaker sets or two pairs.
      There ain't many 2pair combos, only thing we hope to see here is that he has 22/99 cause I assume anything else wouldn't be raising the turn. While it's ZOOM I see the guy even playing passively hands like KQ on the turn cause it's quite obvious that he isn't getting called from worse. We block also T, so T9? Not that many combos cause I assume the guy is towards playing T9s, K9? Not that many combos either. So only hope for us there is to see 22/99 or some hands which are turned into bluff.