$7.06
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $1.63
      SB (Hero):
      $0.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.44) 8, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP1 raises to $0.94, Hero calls $0.42.

Turn: ($2.08) A (2 players)

River: ($2.08) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.08.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qc Qs).

MP1 shows a pair of kings(Ks Jc).

MP1 wins with a pair of kings(Ks Jc).

I had no data on the opponent.
      All this went according to the SSS article but I've been losing so much money on situations like this that I thought I'd go ahead and ask, in case there is a more recent development in the theory, that I'm not aware of.

My questions are:
      1) Should I fold at the flop after his raise?
      2) What if he had just called at the flop, do I go all-in at the turn? And if yes, is that regardless of the card that comes up?
      Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hi,

1) According to SSS strategy you should bet/call AI on flop. The reason is you have to call just $0.4 to play for $1.84 pot so you need 21.7% equity. If he raise something funky like a weak pair or OESD you have needed equity.

Notice there are many Kx in this calculation. All of them won't be in his range very often.

Board: K:heart: 8:spade: 6:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    22.68%  22.68%   0.00% { QsQc }
      UTG+1  77.32%  77.32%   0.00% { K7s+, 75s, K9o+, 75o }

So you played it well. :f_thumbsup:

Sometimes you get money in while being behind, but you have to just trust your strategy, because SSS works.

2) If you get called, your stack will be $0.42 and the pot $1. Even if an ace comes on turn, you still bet, because your opponent will get nice price to call with his pair or OESD. So I'm shoving any turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Phoenix,

I generally dislike betting this big on the Flop because you want to get called by worser hands & not only Kx hands

So I bet something like 20cents, if you get called I can go either check/call if he bluffs a lot or bet again to get a call again from worser hands

As played I do not think I can fold on your limits because of the reasons explained by JohnDoe

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers.
      Gerv, I avoid c-betting less than half the pot mainly because I'm afraid it would seem as a sign of weakness. Also it gives better odds to the opponent to chase draws which is a very common activity at these stakes.
      So, would you advise c-betting smaller amounts than usual when the board is scary?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phoenix2104
      Thanks for the answers.
      Gerv, I avoid c-betting less than half the pot mainly because I'm afraid it would seem as a sign of weakness. Also it gives better odds to the opponent to chase draws which is a very common activity at these stakes.
      So, would you advise c-betting smaller amounts than usual when the board is scary?
      I want to cBet smaller because then I can valuebet. It makes no sense to fold out draws that you have beat in equity% by betting bigger as you are isolating yourself against better hands all day long

Making a move and thinking it shows weakness is not a real argument on your limits as most people are just looking at their cards and the board. They might think you are bluffing just because they have this feeling but it has no correlation what you are doing

Best regards,
      Gerv