fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, fold, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.25) A:spade: T:heart: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($2.25) A:spade: T:heart: K:spade: 5:club:

SB bets $1.72, Hero calls $1.72, UTG+1 folds

RIVER ($5.69) A:spade: T:heart: K:spade: 5:club: 4:heart:

SB bets $2.71, Hero folds

SB wins $5.43

My question would be fold/call river obviously.
      No info.
      Stats:
      MP:26/17 35wtsd 299 hands
      SB:19/14/4.8/ 31wtsd/32 agg%/w$sf48/bet river 45/steal missed cbet oop turn 49/river 77/ 11k hands

The basic hand reading is telling me to fold because narrowing his range down from calling in sb and then betting twice out, i think i might beat some small amounts of bluffs which have no showdown value like 6s7s and maybe A2 which he decided to bet. His stats are saying that he's way more aggressive and if this would've been a hu pot i think calling is better but i'm questionning whether he would play the same 3way and whether i have the odds to call here.
  • 5 replies
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Fold imo.
      Why do you think it's a bluff at that size? I think he's inviting you to call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello x3mwisp,

River is rather a fold cause I doubt that he is block-betting with a lot worse there. What I would do myself is that I'd just lead out the flop and protect from any kind of draws and of course from GS or pair+GS or whatsoever.

Would be kinda difficult to go for Check/Call mode on the flop. :D

Best Regards.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello x3mwisp,

River is rather a fold cause I doubt that he is block-betting with a lot worse there. What I would do myself is that I'd just lead out the flop and protect from any kind of draws and of course from GS or pair+GS or whatsoever.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz,

If you lead the flop which is logic for value betting and i guess you should bet the turn and play ch/c river against the pfr and check behind vs sb.
      The problem is that ch/c river would be too thin i believe cause:
      1. from what i've seen in games nowadays very few bluff missed draws when u bet 2ice into them and river blanks.
      2. My range looks exactly like tpmk/tpnk and they should be playing quite perfectly against it. My thoughts were whether there is any way to make my range seem lighter.
      3. What else i would be donking the flop with? Strong draws/weak draws? What about 2p+?

PS: And in these spots the way the hand was played you don't rly look at opponents stats cause his range is pretty narrow, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by x3mwisp
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello x3mwisp,

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz,

If you lead the flop which is logic for value betting and i guess you should bet the turn and play ch/c river against the pfr and check behind vs sb.
      The problem is that ch/c river would be too thin i believe cause:
      1. from what i've seen in games nowadays very few bluff missed draws when u bet 2ice into them and river blanks.
      2. My range looks exactly like tpmk/tpnk and they should be playing quite perfectly against it. My thoughts were whether there is any way to make my range seem lighter.
      3. What else i would be donking the flop with? Strong draws/weak draws? What about 2p+?

PS: And in these spots the way the hand was played you don't rly look at opponents stats cause his range is pretty narrow, right?
      Check/Raising with strong hands would never have much success cause you will rarely get action. Which means with strong hands we would be donking out rather than Check/Raising or Check/Calling which wouldn't make sense while we don't protect our hand. Nor we can't be sure if we even face a Bet.

Strong draws don't want to get raised, so therefore if we are drawing for nutted draws we want to rather Check/Call it.

The only hand you might see him betting the river is block-bet with Kx but more likely I don't think that it's going to be the case. Your play with the Check on the flop means that you went for give-up as I assume that. So we not planning to Call him down either. Instead of calling him down we rather protect our hand on the flop by betting the flop & turn while there are tons of hands which may pay us.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Thx that explains a lot. Actually i was ch/r a lot strong hands and i believe i was missing a lot of value and i actually felt that and was thinking about it. About the fold you are also right. Thx a lot for clearing things out for me. Will come back with other examples if i find ;)